𝐅𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐟𝐞|| 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

Hobie walked in the kitchen, grabbing from a shelf two small boxes of instant noodles, reading the instructions. He started boiling some water, as he prepared some drinks as well. Meanwhile Y/n was searching in a big box of vinyls, that Hobie gave her, some nice songs of Marvin Gaye. As she searched for it, she noticed how many different types of music he owned. Pop music, Rock, Punk (of course), Jazz, R&B and Reggae. All the vinyls, all stoled for sure, were all kept in amazing conditions. Hobie even owned a record player. When Y/n found the vinyl she was searching, her eyes sparkled and immediately went to the record player, trying to understand how to use it. It was probably quite old and a bit broken but at the end she found a way of using it, as it started riproducing the songs on the vinyl.
As the song started, she could hear the voice of Marvin Gaye singing. She loved that singer, her father did too. Maybe it was all in the blood.
Hobie came back to her with the noodles, a pair of forks <<You found it eh?>> smiled and sat next to her, showing her the noddles <<Choose. Chicken or beef?>>.
<<It's the same>>.
<<Nope that's not the same, love.>>
<<Okay then chicken.>>
Hobie handed the chicken one to her and then also the fork, as he started eating his noodles and lay against the couch. She did the same, crossing her legs to be more comfortable and taste those delicious noodles. The song that was playing in the background was "Come Live With Me Angel". It was the song that her father usually sang to her when they were playing, or singing it to her mother when he wanted her to forgive him for a small mistake he did, or just to make her flustred. Of corse, he would sing just the chorus of the song to her. But to her mother, he would sing parts of the songs fully. Just when Y/n got older she fully heard the song and she fully understood the meaning. Her father loved his family dearly.
<<Come on, angel. Come on, go with me>> whispers, singing gently and moving her feet at the rythm of the music. Hobie smiled and slurped his noddles, enjoying the evening.
<<Ehy, don't do that.>> she said.
<<Eh? Do what?>>.
<<Slurp that loud.>>
<<I am eating, love. Slurping it's not a crime.>>
<<Don't slurp.>> she insisted-
<<How the bloody hell am I suppsed to eat?>>
<<Normally and silently.>>
<<Too bad, I can't>> and then he kept slurping again, on purpouse, as she held her instict of punching him really hard.
<<I'm gonna kill you.>>
<<I'd love to see you try.>>
<<Hobie!>>

After dinner, he prepared her a place to sleep. Outside the weather was still bad, the rain kept being loud and hitting the windows as if it was pleading them to let it get in.
She watched Hobie silently, as he adjusted the bed and changed the sheets and the pillows. As the previous sheets were blue, he changed it in white sheets.
When he finished he walked to her <<'Changed you in clean sheets and pillows. I hope you don't mind the materess.>>.
She sat on the bed, nodding no <<That's just fine, thank you.>>.
<<Don't even say that love, I'd do that and more for ya.>>
<<I am sorry I have to take your bed.>>
<<That's no problem, the couch is nice>> he shrugged <<You can open the window but i don't suggest you. Sometimes it gets stuck and it could take a while to move again.>>
<<Thanks again Hobie.>>
<<I said->>
<<And I insist, thank you.>> she smiled gently. He sighed and smiled as well <<Such a stubborn woman eh? 'kay 'kay I got that.>> he walked to the door and hold it and stopped <<Have a good night.>>
<<You too, Hobie.>>
<<If you need anything, don't hesitate to wake me up. I snore so I may not hear you the first time.>> he said jokingly. She churckled <<Okay... thanks...>>.
<<No problem, love.>> his voice soft, as he walked out the door and closed the door, leaving her alone. She then sit on the bed, covering herself with the sheets as the rain kept producing some beautiuful rythm and cuddling her at the same time.
Hobie's room just showed his own personality. Chaotic, ribellious and vibrant. His room was characterized by red, blue and black colors. He had some posters of punk stars around his room, some small sentences written on the walls with spray as "Black Lives Matters", hanging some old guitar of his, even some images cutted by some journals. And well yes random objects on the floor as books, a mirror, a clock that stopped workingthat was supposed to be hanged and some old clothes. It didn't smell bad, actually it had a nice smell that she wasn't sure by what was it caused. Maybe it was... mint with something else, but it didn't was too strong.
Now that she thought by it, they both had different personalities but somehow they were friends. Her personality was introvert, most of the time quiet, but when she needs to she bursts out all her thoughts. Quiet, kind, smart girl. That's how people described her. Her room was most of the time clean, of a sky blue and white color, pictures of her and her friends, parents and places she visited on the blue walls, some vinyls and some star stickers she got on the wall. And her room smelled of vanilla and coconut, she loved that smell.
Even if she was quiet, calm and Hobie was loud and chaotic, they still seemed to fit together really well. How was it possible? Did they both have something in common, beside the passion for music?
Eventually she got really tired. So she decided to get comfortable, slowly falling asleep, feeling safe and protected as ever.