The Abyss and the Love (Mitsuri Kanroji x Male Abyss Hashira Reader)

Y/N, the Abyss Hashira, sat silently in the stillness of his secluded home on the Ubuyashiki estate. The room was bathed in the faint light of the moon, casting deep shadows that flickered with every breath he took. The air around him was thick with an unsettling energy, a constant reminder of the power he wielded. **Demon Breathing**—a forbidden technique created by a demon who clung to their humanity—was both his gift and his curse. The mastery of this style had earned him the title of the Abyss Hashira, though few even knew of his existence.

Y/N's breathing was slow and deliberate, a measured rhythm that kept the demonic energy at bay. He clenched his fist, feeling the familiar surge of power coursing through him, the darkness threatening to consume him. Every time he used **Demon Breathing**, he danced on the edge of losing his humanity.

But tonight wasn't about battle, nor was it about the darkness he fought every day. His mind drifted to the one person who brought light into his life. Mitsuri Kanroji, the Love Hashira, was his secret. No one knew of their relationship; they had kept it hidden for fear of judgment, and, more importantly, for fear of what might happen if his demonic side ever surfaced while she was near.

A soft knock echoed through the quiet room. Y/N turned toward the door, knowing immediately who it was. Only one person would dare visit him in this isolated part of the Ubuyashiki estate.

The door slid open, and there she was—Mitsuri, her vibrant pink and green hair cascading over her shoulders, her face glowing with warmth and affection. She stepped into the room, her presence immediately softening the oppressive atmosphere.

"Y/N," she whispered, her voice like a balm to his troubled soul. "I couldn't sleep... I wanted to see you."

Y/N's stern expression softened as he rose to his feet, walking toward her with steady, controlled steps. He always worried about her being so close, knowing the darkness inside him could be unpredictable. But when Mitsuri was near, the abyss within him seemed to quiet, as if her love kept him anchored to the light.

"You shouldn't come here alone at night, Mitsuri," Y/N said, though his tone was more tender than reprimanding. "It's not safe."

"I'm not afraid," Mitsuri replied with a smile, her eyes twinkling as she stepped closer, her hands reaching out to gently grasp his. "I trust you."

He sighed, her unwavering belief in him both comforting and terrifying. "I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't," she said softly, her fingers tracing the callouses on his hand. "You've always been in control, Y/N. Even with that breathing technique, you've never let it take over."

Y/N looked down at their intertwined hands, his heart swelling with emotion. Mitsuri's love was the only thing that gave him hope. He had long accepted the possibility that one day, the darkness might win, that he could lose himself to the demonic energy his breathing style harnessed. But Mitsuri was his tether, his reason to keep fighting the abyss.

"How's the training been going?" Mitsuri asked, breaking the silence. She always asked about his training, even though they both knew it was dangerous to discuss Demon Breathing.

"Same as always," Y/N replied, his voice low. "It's a constant battle to stay in control. Some days... it feels like I'm getting closer to losing it."

Mitsuri's eyes softened with concern, but she didn't pull away. Instead, she stepped closer, resting her head against his chest. "Then I'll stay with you," she murmured. "I'll be your balance. You're not alone in this fight."

Y/N closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around her. Her warmth seeped into him, chasing away the cold emptiness that usually lingered in his heart. For a moment, the world was just them—no demons, no war, no darkness. Just the steady beat of Mitsuri's heart against his chest, reminding him of what he was fighting for.

"Thank you, Mitsuri," he whispered, his voice barely audible. "I don't deserve you."

"Don't say that," she replied, pulling back slightly to look up at him. Her bright green eyes shimmered with emotion. "You're strong, Y/N. Stronger than you know. You fight every day to stay human, to protect others. That's why I love you."

Her words hit him like a wave, and for a moment, he didn't know what to say. Mitsuri had always been open with her feelings, but every time she said she loved him, it felt like the first time.

He leaned down, pressing his forehead against hers. "I love you too," he whispered, his voice rough with emotion. "I'll keep fighting—for you. Always."

Mitsuri smiled, her eyes fluttering closed as she leaned into his touch. "And I'll be here—for you, always."

For a while, they stood there in the quiet of Y/N's home, wrapped in each other's warmth. The darkness of Demon Breathing, the constant battle for control—it all faded in the presence of her love. She was his light, and as long as she was with him, Y/N knew he could keep the abyss at bay.

But deep down, he also knew the dangers that came with his power. And though he cherished every moment with Mitsuri, he could never ignore the fear that one day, the abyss might win. Until then, though, he would hold onto her light as tightly as he could.

For now, that was enough.