The beginning of the end.

My hands tremble as I light the last candle. The flames are dark as night, casting eerie shadows on the walls. The words fell off my lips like soft whispers. “Astra descendo, tenebrae ascendio. I summon thee, Phear, demon of illusions and nightmares.” The air seemed to ripple and a dark presence coalesced before me. The candles wax dripped, flowing and drying into a circle
around me.
Phear’s piercing gaze locked onto mine, a sly smile spread across his face. The faint glow from my fairy lights seemed to illuminate his brown skin in all the right places. Gray horns twisted on his head, with small silver chains decorating them. He has medium length dark locks with pink highlights. His eyes glow green, captivating and deadly. His faded red shirt travels down to his mid chest in a v cut. Puffed sleeves but tight on the wrists.

(Art by me)

(Art by me)

  I take in his appearance. Observing him.
His voice snaps me back to reality. “You dare summon me, little one?” His voice rasped with dangerous intent. “A pact is what I seek…” I dismiss his question.  He raises an eyebrow, his sly smile falling into a cocky smirk. “What could you possibly offer that would interest me?” My heart raced, but I stood firm. “Name your price..” The words fell out faster than I could stop them. Phear’s smile grew wider, he let out a low, menacing laugh. His emerald eyes sparkled with intrigue, and he leaned forward, as if sharing a secret with himself.
“Ah.. bold and reckless… I like that.” He chuckled. “I think I'll enjoy this little…game of yours. Boldness and Recklessness mixed with fear, anger and pain.. I have to say, it makes quite the cocktail.” He says, his voice is like honey laced with poison. He lifts my hand in his, placing a kiss on it. “Now..little one. As for the price? That’ll have to wait, I have a feeling I'll want something far different than your soul~..” I widen my eyes in shock as his tooth cuts through my skin. His grip in my hand tightens, keeping me from pulling away. His eyes lock on mine as he licks the blood droplet. “And with that, little one.. Our agreement is sealed. Our pack, not yet. But that will change in due time.” His voice shatters into multiple different whispers around this room as he vanishes.
The demon’s laughter echoed in my mind, an eerie energy coursing through my veins. I know my life will never be the same, but this is how I'm going to make all those who hurt me..pay..    The true cost of my bargain remains a mystery for now… From everything I have read, not naming their price in the beginning isn't normal. Worry sets into my mind and my heart as I pace back and forth in my room.
Rubbing the small cut on my hand caused by his tooth. I sigh, tossing myself onto my bed. I rub my eyes. Damn, my energy is depleting, I need to sleep.. In the morning, I have to call my best friend.. He’s going to kill me, but we don't keep secrets from each other.
My eyelids grow heavier and heavier, sending my body into a deep dreamless sleep.