best friends...

Isaac's POV:

(A few days pass)
I clock out, my mind already racing with worry. Venus has been missing work a lot lately, and when she does show up, she's...off.

Zoned out, distant, like she's a thousand miles away. I've tried talking to her, but she just brushes me off, says she's fine.

But she's not fine. I can see it in her eyes, the way she moves.. Its with a haunted slowness at times, but others..it's determination..not her usual kind tho..it's full of anger. I feel something is off.. I know something is off.

We've been friends for years, and I've never seen her like this. She's always been the strong one, the one who's there for me. There for everyone..

Now, she's crumbling, and I don't know how to stop it.

I grab my jacket and head out into the cool evening air, my thoughts consumed by Venus. Where is she? What's happening to her?

I pull out my phone, scrolling through our last conversations. The messages are sparse, cryptic. She's shutting me out.

Fear gnaws at my gut. Is it that guy? Is he doing this to her?
I knew something was off..his energy was...dark...

I quicken my pace, my mind racing with worst-case scenarios. I need to find her, talk to her, make sure she's okay.

She's more than just my coworker; she's my best friend. And I'll do whatever it takes to help her.

As I walk, the city lights blurring around me, I feel a surge of determination. I won't lose my best friend without a fight.

-------------------------------------

I stand outside Venus's apartment, hesitating for a moment before knocking on the door.

At first, there's no response. I knock again, wondering if she's okay.

A minute passes, and I'm starting to get worried. But then, I hear the sound of footsteps approaching.

The door opens, and Venus stands before me, looking...different. Her eyes are darker.

"Hey," she says softly.

"Hey," I reply, trying to keep my concern in check. "I've been worried about you. You've been missing work, and when you do show up, you seem...off."

Venus's gaze drifts away, her shoulders shrugging slightly.

"I'm fine, Isaac. Just needed some time to sort some things out."

I study her face, searching for any sign of what's really going on.

"Can I come in?" I ask, trying to sound non-threatening.

Venus hesitates for a moment before stepping aside.

I enter her apartment, taking in the tidy space. Everything looks normal, but I sense something's off. Something dark..

We stand awkwardly in the living room, the silence between us thick.

"What's going on, Venus?" I press, unable to help myself.

Venus's eyes flash with a hint of defiance.

"Nothing, Isaac. Really. Just drop it, okay?"

Her tone is firm, but I see the faintest glimmer of vulnerability beneath.

I know my best friend is hiding something.

And I'm determined to find out what it is.

Venus's expression changes, her defenses dropping. She takes a deep breath.