interruptions

–Phear’s POV–

I sit beside her, my eyes fixed on her peaceful face. The fairy lights cast a silver glow onto the walls, illuminating her features. I'm entranced by the gentle rise and fall of her chest, the soft whisper of her breath.

Hours pass, but I don't stir. I'm too captivated by her presence, too infatuated by the gentle curve of her lips, the softness of her skin.

As the time wears on, I find myself tracing the contours of her face with my gaze, memorizing every detail. The shape of her eyebrows, the slope of her nose, the gentle curve of her ears.

My fingers itch to touch her, to feel the softness of her skin beneath my fingertips. But I resist, not wanting to disturb her peaceful slumber.

Instead, I sit vigil, watching over her as she sleeps. I feel a sense of pride and possession, knowing that I'm the one protecting her, keeping her safe from harm.

As the light creeps into the room, I finally stir, my muscles stiff from sitting still for so long. But I don't move, not wanting to leave her side.

I'll stay here forever, I think, if it means being close to her. She's mine.

–Venus’s POV–

I wake to the warmth of sunlight streaming through the window, casting a golden glow over my room. But as I open my eyes, I'm met with the sight of Phear sitting beside me, his eyes fixed intently on my face. He looks tired, but his gaze is burning with an inner fire that makes me shiver.

"Good morning," he says, his voice low and husky, sending a thrill through me.

But as I look into his eyes, I feel a flicker of fear. He's been watching me all night, his gaze never leaving mine. I try to sit up, but Phear's hand on my shoulder gently holds me back.

"How long did you sit here?" I ask, trying to keep my voice steady.

Phear's gaze doesn't waver. "All night. I couldn't leave you."

I feel a shiver run down my spine as I realize he's been watching me sleep. It's intimate, too intimate. I try to pull away, but Phear's grip is firm.

"Please, Phear," I say, trying to sound calm. "You're scaring me."

Phear's face softens, and he releases his grip. "I'm sorry, V," he whispers. "I just couldn't bear to leave you."

But as I look into his eyes, I see something there that makes my heart race with fear. Something possessive, something primal. And I wonder if I've made a terrible mistake.

Phear's gaze lingers on mine, and I feel like he can see right through me. Suddenly, he speaks, his voice low and husky.

"You've been wondering that a lot, haven't you?" he says, his eyes glinting with a knowing light. "If you've made a terrible mistake."

I'm taken aback, my heart racing. How did he know? I didn't say anything out loud.

Phear's smile is enigmatic. "I can hear your thoughts, V," he says, his voice dripping with intimacy. "I can feel your fears, your doubts."

I try to process this, but my mind is reeling. He can hear my thoughts? How is that possible?

Phear's gaze never wavers. "You're wondering if you can trust me," he says, his voice soft. "If I'm going to hurt you."

I feel a surge of fear, but Phear's expression is calm, gentle even.

"I won't hurt you, V," he whispers. "I promise. I just want to be close to you, to protect you."