Hazed and dominant.

--Venus's POV--

I slowly opened my eyes, blinking away the remnants of sleep. The morning sunlight streaming through the windows cast a warm glow over my room, a stark contrast to the turmoil brewing inside me. My head pounded, a lingering reminder of last night's whiskey-fueled escapade. I winced, recalling the emotional rollercoaster I'd been on.

As I sat up, my thoughts drifted to Isaac and our gentle conversation. His apology had touched my heart, and I was grateful for his presence in my life. But then my mind wandered to Phear, and the familiar flutter in my chest returned. I couldn't shake the feeling that he was watching me, even now.

With a sigh, I tossed off the covers and swung my legs over the side of the bed. Time to face the day and the complicated web of emotions that came with it. I stood up, my body protesting the movement, and staggered to the bathroom.

A long, hot shower later, I felt somewhat human again. As I wrapped myself in a plush towel, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror. My eyes looked haunted, reflecting the inner turmoil.

"Get a grip, Venus," I told my reflection.

But it was easier said than done.

Downstairs, the aroma of freshly brewed coffee beckoned, and I followed its siren call. Perhaps a caffeine infusion would clear my head and provide some much-needed clarity.

As I entered the kitchen, I spotted Isaac already seated at the table, sipping a cup of coffee. Our eyes met, and he offered a gentle smile.

"Morning," he said.

"Morning," I replied, returning his smile.

For a moment, the tension and uncertainty melted away, replaced by the comforting familiarity of our friendship.

But how long would that last?

I poured myself a steaming cup of coffee, the rich aroma filling my senses as I added a splash of creamer. The first sip was like a hug in a mug, warming my chilled thoughts. I closed my eyes, savoring the momentary peace, and leaned against the counter. Isaac's gentle hum of approval as he scanned the news on his phone created a soothing background noise. For this fleeting instant, everything felt normal, like the world hadn't been turned upside down by Phear's dark allure and Isaac's unexpected bond with the Angel. But as I opened my eyes, my gaze met Isaac's, and I knew that normal was a luxury we could no longer afford.

Just as I was starting to relax, the air in the kitchen shifted, and I sensed his presence. Phear's dark form filled the doorway, his piercing gaze scanning the room before locking onto me. His eyes burned with an intensity that made my pulse stutter. Isaac's eyes flicked up from his phone, his expression neutral, but I detected a hint of wariness.

Phear's stride was fluid, deliberate, as he crossed the kitchen. His gaze never left mine, the connection sparking like a live wire. I felt the pull of his allure, my heart racing in response.

"Good morning," Phear said, his deep voice low and husky, sending shivers down my spine.

Isaac's greeting was polite, but guarded. "Phear."

I managed a nod, my voice momentarily lost.

Phear's eyes crinkled at the corners as he smiled, the gesture sending my stomach into somersaults.

He poured himself a cup of coffee, his movements economical, and leaned against the counter beside me.

The proximity was suffocating, yet exhilarating.

Isaac's eyes narrowed, his gaze darting between us.

"Phear, can we talk?" Isaac asked.

Phear's gaze lingered on me before shifting to Isaac.