BEST BUDDIES

"I wanna hold you close, and die with a smile"

"Block that!". "Yes!".

I am quitting this shit! Volleyball is so hard man, especially when you are the captain of the team.

"Veronica, set!".

I take a step forward, my both arms sway backward, jumped in the air, and hit the ball, cheers came from both side. We were in the inside court of our university, practicing like some bulls. Some angry, some excited, some tired.

"Bitch! Just end it already!".

This motherfucker, oh! I mean, sam walker, is here too with of course everyone including David. He didn't wanted to come but Sam obviously dragged his ass here.

Abel and Jacob aren't here because they had their basketball practice too. Isabella is like always studying on the bleachers, and ava is practicing her cheers things, whatever that is called.

I looked toward my right to see Sam hand over David's shoulder like they are best buddies. David was looking annoyed, I show my middle finger to Sam and again focused on my game.

We have been here from the past 2 hours, the match is getting good now, my team is strong, I love it.

"Morana, If you end it in 5 minutes, you are getting a sweet kiss from David". I hear Sam saying and I looked in his direction again, David has his eyes wide open, Isabella now smirking, and Sam smiled proudly.

I titled my head toward David and smiled a little, signing with my hand that, "I will be there soon, love". To David.

The game was on, I moved backward to where the ball were Going. I kicked the ball as I was outside the line, landing on my Butt but quickly getting up and running inside the line, spiking the ball with my whole strength and winning the game.

As soon as the ball landed on the ground, I run to David, and climbed the bleachers, I stopped in front of him, woos and cheers coming from every side. "Kiss, kiss, kiss.....!". People started shouting.

I smiled at him, and he slowly moved toward me, and placed a peck on my lips.

And moved back, give the biggest smile.

Fuck, my heart.

"Don't you have any classes now?". I asked him, sitting on the chair beside him.

"I do but he dragged me here so, I didn't attend it, it was the last one". He said pointing toward Sam, I grabbed the water bottle of Isabella, while ignoring her side eye.

I took a sip and nodded my head, looking straight ahead of me.

"I need to ask a question" Isabella finally said something in the past 2 hours, we moved our gaze to her.

She lowered her glasses a bit, and was going to say something but stopped as Jacob and Abel arrived, and sat with us, sweating heavily just like me.

"You know we-".

"Shut the fuck up, she is saying something".

Jacob was saying but Sam interrupted him not so nicely. Jacob made a face but looked at Isabella after with some cringe heart eyes.

We looked at her and waited tolerantly, she looked so serious. I think she wants to say something important.

"How can the heart be strong enough to pump blood up your legs against gravity?".

*bird chirping sound*

I- what the actual fuck?!?!?

"You bitch! We thought you wanted to say something important" sam shouted at her, while I and Abel just glared at her, "Seriously, baby?" Jacob said with a little anger in his voice.

"Because of the valves, the blood can only move in one direction as it gets squeezed along. So it is a combination of blood pressure from the heart's pumping action, the valves, and muscle movement that gets the blood up the legs against gravity". David said it like it was a piece of paper for him.

*bird chirping sound again*

Isabella thanked him, while we just looked at him weirdly.

"How do you even know that?" I questioned him.

"Are not you in the business department?" Sam asked one more question.

"One day I was bored so I just grabbed a random book from the library and studied the heart system" he replied and smiled at us like it was nothing.

"You won't understand the toppers, because you are bunch of losers" Isabella said while looking down on her book.

I took her in a headlock, sam and the other excluding David, cheered for me to kill her.

"As much as I love you Bella, how dare you say that!". Jacob said sounded hurt.

"You call us losers?! You dumb girl" Sam shouted.

While we were attacking on her, we heard David's laughing, we all looked at him, he was laughing so hard.

A smile made it's way to me.

"I am dying here and you are laughing, you traitor!". Isabella shouted at her.

"No....you guys are so funny you know, I have never had friends before, so this is so new to me, people used to ignore me and if someone come to me, it was just for notes or taking my spot in the lunch area. Some of them were jealous of me because I was at the top 1 and they were not, some just didn't give a fuck about me".

"Huh?! You just said a bad word, bro what the fuck? We got David swear before gta 6" Sam said dramatically.

"Sam just shut up" Isabella said.

"Listen bro, the past was past, now you have us, we gonna kick peoples ass if they bothered you and we are best friends" Jacob spoke patting David's shoulder.

"Yeah man, why are best friends for?" Sam spoke again.

"Friends!" Abel give his hand to David for a hand shake.

"Dude, you are doing it like you weren't friends before" Bella said side eyeing him.

"We weren't but we are now, right?" Abel replied.

"Yeah, Friends" David shake his hand with him.

I smiled at him and he smiled back, his first friends ever, he said he never had friends, but now he do, he got some crazy people his side.

"The 50th anniversary of power university is tomorrow, so ladies and gentleman, this year, we want your parents here with us, to enjoy, and participate in with us, so students see you tomorrow".

We heard our principal voice on the speakers. We looked at each other, and sighed loudly.

Because of course who wants their parents to come to their school?!

---☆☆---

Hope you enjoyed the chapter.

See you when I see you:)