EP 10

"Vegas is dead?" Jeff repeated what AJ reported. Jeff sighed at the confirmation AJ gave. 

"Pity but not unexpected. Those 2 with him aren't simple people, are they?" AJ shook his head. 

"Time for our next move." Jeff smirked.

***

"Dunk?" Joong called to him when he saw the far away look that he had. He may not have known him for long but he knew that there was something on his mind. He saw the uncertainty in his eyes and all he could do was will him to say what it was on his mind. 

"Khun Joong, I'm sorry to say... up until this point, I'm not a 100% sure if he is truly after you." Joong stared at him in confusion. 

"I'm not sure if he is after you or if he is after me. He could be after the both of us for all I know. But I'm afraid that there's also a possible that he is after you because of me. He's using you to lure me out." Joong finally understood his hesitancy. 

"It's not your fault, Dunk. I'm glad to have met you." While he thought he was happy with his life previously. It suddenly paled to the moment he realized his feeling for Dunk. What more when he graced him with a soft smile. 

"I'll keep you alive. That I can promise you." Joong knew he was trying to reassure him but it didn't sit well with him. 

"I would rather you keep both of us alive." Dunk smiled at the sentiment but he was realist. 

"Sometimes I may not have that luxury. If I'm down to the choice of 1, I'll choose you. That I promise." It was morbid but yet it was the truth he knew. He couldn't hide the possibilities that they may have to go through.

"I hope it wouldn't come to that. I don't ever want to lose you" Joong whispered as he gave him a hug. He heard Dunk sigh before he stroke of the back of his head. There was a whisper of hope in his heart at Dunk's response but it froze at his next words. 

"Don't fall for me, khun Joong. Nothing good will come from it. It'll only end up with a heartbreak." Dunk whispered. 

It's too late, Dunk.

It's just to late...

He wanted to answer him but no words came out of his mouth. Dunk patted his shoulder one last time before he left. Joong sighed at his lack of courage to just confess as he looked at Dunk's retreating form.  

***

***

Dunk didn't need to remind Joong that the danger was no over. He saw AJ whenever he arrives at the office. AJ would be standing across his office building but he never got close. The building was well warded, First would always be there to pick him and Khaotung up. Dunk, Pond and Phuwin didn't even blink when they saw him outside of Phi First's house. Joong couldn't help but question Dunk.

"It's not time yet, so he won't attack. It's all a psychological game, khun Joong. He wants you to be afraid all the time, 24/7 until you can't eat right, sleep right, think right. When you are at your weakest, then it's time. The question now is whether you are going to let him get to you?" Dunk raised his eyebrow, challenging him.