EP 29

Pond was glad Dunk knew nothing about Ohm. No one had even asked nor noticed his disappearance. Neither did Phuwin. He knew internally that Pond would be able to do this without a hitch. He had contacts and his whole clan to make it possible, so it wasn't even a question that he'll be able to pull it off. He just didn't expected the bloodlust that he went through nor what happened after. Despite that, he was more than happy with the outcome of it. They were in domestic bliss before Dunk's premonition started again. It was a slow trickle before it had gotten so rampant that Dunk barely slept. They knew the time was getting closer.

Phuwin had opted for the sofa, working hard at deciphering all that Dunk had dreamt once Dunk was given a moment of reprieve and was able to sleep. Pond could feel the heat too when his clan sighted strange occurrences that he needed to attend to. Then, Dunk had gotten the call to be in Grung Thep (Bangkok). There was unease within Phuwin, so did Pond. But all Phuwin could do was hug a sleeping Dunk on their journey there. Pond looked at them through the rearview mirror, hoping for the best. Everything had started to change since that call.

***

The day Dunk entered the courthouse and caught a glimpse of Joong, all memories of him started flooding back. He felt an ache in his chest that he couldn't describe. But he tried hard to focus on the case. He felt lucky that it wasn't him who questioned him on the stand, he still has yet to filter through his memories and sort through his feelings about him. But the moment he left the courthouse, he noticed the strange aura surrounding him. The darkness that didn't use to be there. He could see Dnie's spell protecting him but it wasn't enough. It was slowly wrapping itself around him. He wasn't surprise when he didn't remember him when he approached him, it was obvious what Dnie had did. He could see her work clearly. He was more than glad that the protective charm he gave him worked. But he couldn't shake the forbidding feeling in his gut. 

He let out a deep breath the moment he got into Pond's car. Both of them looked at him curiously.

"Joong Archen. He's coming for you again, isn't he?" he whispered. Pond and Phuwin froze the moment he mentioned his name. 

***

The question that had been nagging at Phuwin the moment they confessed their love for Dunk started to haunt him. He couldn't in good conscience let it go. Dunk confessed that he didn't remember Joong until he saw him again. Phuwin didn't know why but the words that Dunk said after he was stabbed in his past life came flashing across his mind

"You should have said you love her, all the heartache would have been saved."

Neither could he ignore the fact that Dunk was soft towards Joong. He had rushed to save him every time without fail. That urgency he saw spoke of a love that perhaps Dunk didn't even know. 

"Dunk... did you love khun Joong?" Phuwin couldn't help but ask. A part of him was thinking of the word "do" but he knew Dunk would deny it. He was still pretty clueless when it comes to love. He was already comfortable with where he was. 

"Dunk mei ruu (don't know). He was very alike me back then. We both were thrusted into a life that we had no say in. While I found acceptance, he didn't. Perhaps I saw myself in him. I didn't think too much back then since Dnie was clearly smitten by him." Phuwin could see the way Dunk was trying to rationalize his feelings. He could see the hurt at the mention of his sister. His heart ached for him.

"She's gone now. Maybe you can see clearly for yourself." Dunk looked at Phuwin confusingly at his words.

"Isn't where we're at enough, Win?" Phuwin caressed his cheek at his question.

"I don't want you to have any regrets, Dunk. Not a single one." He kissed him softly as they engaged in a slow kiss. There was a part of him that doubt. If Dunk wasn't drugged, if they had not confessed first, perhaps he would have chosen Joong.