EP 1 Prologue

There were nights when Dunk really hates his job, tonight was one of them. He didn't wake up to the flashing lightening or the roaring thunder. It was the soft ring tone from his phone that woke him up. He cursed the moment he heard it. 

It was 2 freaking am. 

"Hello..." He answered, the sleep in his voice was clear. There was no way to hide how husky it sounded.

"It's okay, how may I help you?" He answered once again, as he tried to rub the sleep away from his eyes.

"How many days did you say?" as his brain slowly came online to process what was said on the phone. 

"She didn't contact me either. Send me her address, I'll be over there as soon as I can. Bye." He sighed when he hung the call. He did a quick wash up before heading out of his room. He stumbled onto the sofa when he headed out to the living room, waking Phuwin up in the process. He was just too dizzy with the lack of sleep. Phuwin was quick to catch him before he fell. 

"What the hell, Dunk? Why are you awake?" Phuwin was all confused.

"Work, got the address, need to be in Grung Thep (Bangkok)." Dunk showed the message to him but Phuwin wasn't letting him go. 

"At this hour?! You can't even drive in your state. Not with the rain. Let me call Pond to get the car ready. We're going with you." Dunk nodded with his eyes closed.  

"Lie down. Sleep. I'll call you when Pond is here." Phuwin commanded. Dunk had dozed off within seconds. All Phuwin could do was shake his head. Sometimes, he wished he would take better care of himself. 

***

The next thing Dunk knew, Phuwin was shaking him awake, letting him know that they have arrived. He couldn't believe it was already 6am. He was more surprised he was dressed up for work and they were already at the building that he was supposed to be at. 

"khorp jai na(thank you)." He gave Phuwin and Pond a hug before getting out of the car. 

The moment he stood in front of the building he had a bad feeling about it.

He didn't like it when he's right. 

***

***

There were days when Joong loves his job. Today was one of those days. It was bright and sunny. Not a hint of gloom in the sky. He had a clear cut case, which was an easy win. They didn't have hard evidence to pin his client at the time of the murder. 

"Thank you, thank you! I can't thank you enough, P'Joong." JJ hugged Joong with all his sincerity. He was a young kid, who was just there at the wrong place, at the wrong time. Joong had smiled back politely and was more than glad that he was happy. He had never met his parents but they had paid him a lot. Five times more than the market rate to make sure that he helped JJ keep his record clean.  

He was smiling when he walked out the courthouse. But he kept his expression neutral when he saw the victim's parents crying in a corner. A priest was consoling them. He didn't pay too much attention as he headed the other way, waiting for his ride. 

***

"Khun Joong." he was surprised to hear someone calling out to him. He didn't expect the priest he saw minutes before to be walking up to him. It was then it hit him. He was one of the witnesses that P'Khaotung interviewed at the stand. He had discovered the body along with the warden, who opened the door for him. It was pretty straightforward. The victim's parents' called him after not hearing from her in days. He made the visit and they discovered her body in her room. Nothing too memorable. He rolled his eyes, thinking he was here to preach him about letting the murderer go. 

"Padre, I'm just doing my job. I-" Dunk stopped him before he continued. 

"I'm not here to preach you. It's not my job. My only concern is whether her soul is at peace. That is within my care." Joong nodded, though he found his speech a little odd. Isn't preaching part of his job? He is a priest after all. 

"I'm here to warn you. Be careful, khun Joong. Danger surrounds you." 

"Padre, I think-"

"For you." Joong thought he would be handing him a cross but it was a talisman charm.

" I'm not the priest you think I am. I sensed it the moment you called me Padre. I do work with the spirit world. Wear this protective charm along with the necklace your grandmother gave you. Hers have protected you well all these while but this new development is beyond that charm's power. Don't take this off. May you stay safe and be free from evil intention" Joong's eyes widen at what he said. 

"Bless your words, Padre." Dunk looked at him oddly at his response but he did a little head dip and left. Joong saw him getting into a car. His words replaying in his mind. It was the honking of Phi Khaotung's car that brought him back. 

***

" We are always surrounded by danger, Joong. As morbid as it sounds, If someone didn't die, how do we get a case? It's part of the job. You think those we defend are all innocent?" Joong chuckled at what P'Khaotung said as he downed the glass of whiskey. 

It was true.

"You're right, P'Khaotung. Maybe I was just thinking too much." 

"Of course, you are. You are always deep in your thoughts. What would you do without me?" P'Khaotung smirked. 

" I would die without you, phi. Think you can do nong a favour, can you look him up for me?" P'Khaotung raised his eyebrows at his request. 

" He knew something personal that I've never told anyone." He touched the necklace that his grandmother gave him.

Padre, how did you know? Who are you really? 

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊 

---

A/N: 1 EP for today cause nong is exhausted🤣🤣 It's quite long for a prolgue. m amazed I can squeeze this EP out after the WhiteLune oneshot. 😅

Yes, this series is a backlog. It was inspired from the icon idol pics. Oh yeah. this is what I forgot to mention in the author's note. When I saw this pic, I immediately thought of a priest but I've been told it's religiously sensitive. So Dunk isn't technically a priest. He just happens to dress like 1. Tomorrow you'll know more about it.  This is as much as nong can brain it. 

What do you all think of the intro so far? 

Will try to update 2 EP if possible but if not there'll be at least 1 EP. Hope you look forward to tomorrow's update na. 🤗🤗