EP 8

Joong didn't expect First to drive them home just like that. He was worried about Dunk but yet he felt unsettled to know that Pond and Phuwin weren't human. He suspected that P'First knew. The moment they walked through the door, Khaotung burst out.

"What the hell just happened? You knew they weren't human, didn't you?!" 

"You said it yourself that you don't believe in the supernatural, ter. Why would I force those info onto you? Just know that whatever demon you saw would be dead by now. Pond and Phuwin will never harm anyone. I mean look at Dunk." First tried to explain.

"Is Dunk even human?" Khaotung asked the million dollar question that Joong wanted to know. 

"What do you mean if he is human?! Do I look human?" First felt offended at this point.  First could see the doubt in Khaotung's face. Khaotung, who had never believed in the supernatural, didn't know what to think the moment he saw black smoke coming out of his boss. The moment he saw Pond in his vampire form, all his belief was shaken. He didn't know what to think as he looked at the man he loves. First had always been upfront with him about what he does. He no longer spoke about it when he was adamant that he only believe in science. First had mentioned more than once that he finds him very stubborn. He can't disagree with that. But with his whole believe system crumbling to the ground, he no longer knows what to believe. He could see the hurt in First's eyes. The men of the hour decided to show up right on the dot. 

"P'Khao?" Dunk called to him gently. Khaotung looked towards him, breaking the spell that he had with First. 

"I hope we didn't cause any trouble between you and P'Fir. We were wrong to omit this important detail to you and khun Joong. It is for your safety along with theirs. It was hardly believable when I've mentioned that a demon was after khun Joong to begin with. Do you or khun Joong have any questions for us?" Khaotung and Joong looked towards each other, wondering what there was to ask. They could hardly process what happened within the last hour. 

"It's hard to process, isn't it? Let's take things slow. Pond is a clan eldest. Like a clan leader you can say. His people are scattered around the country. They doesn't feed on humans. They get their fill from the blood bank." Dunk continued to speak calmly and gently. It helped that Pond was wearing a gentle smile. He can be convincing when he wants to.  

 "Phuwin is a kitsune or if you are more familiar with a 9 tail fox. He's a guardian spirit, almost demigod like." Phuwin smiled at them. There really was nothing sinister to him.  

"Both of them help me in exorcising evil spirits, demons, whatever that is harming humans from the underworld. They make things possible for me to do what I can't. After all, I'm only a human." Both Khaotung and Joong nodded. That made sense.  

"You won't blame P'Fir then?" Khaotung looked towards First at Dunk's question.

"I may have reacted rashly... I'm sorry, Fir." It was hard to swallow but he didn't want to lose FIrst over something like this. He had to admit that if he had asked First about them, he would probably have told him. But they both had made their own assumption of the other, which was their downfall. When First grasped his hand, he knew all was fine. 

"Great! The danger is no over yet, but I think we had too much excitement tonight. We'll regroup the next morning to discuss further. We should get going then." He tapped both Pond and Phuwin's knee before getting up. Joong's eyes widen the moment Dunk's knees buckled and his eyes rolled back. It was lucky that Phuwin had a keen eye on him and had quicky grabbed him before he fell. But it didn't stop Joong from panicking.

"Dunk!" 

"He's fine. The spells he did was more than his body could take but he was worried about P'Fir and P'Khao." Khaotung felt a little guilty knowing that. 

"Stay the night. It's well warded here. It's safer for all of us." First suggested to which Khaotung nodded. Joong noticed how Pond and Phuwin worked like a well oiled machine. Pond passed the car keys to Phuwin, once he placed Dunk in his arms. Pond had carried Dunk to the room with First's guidance to where it was. While, Phuwin came back with an overnight bag that Pond apparently keeps in his car. First led him to the room once he noticed he was back. It felt like a common occurrence for the two of them to be taking care of Dunk like this. He didn't know what to make of it. 

***

His mind was in a blank when he showered. A lot had went on tonight but he didn't know why images of Dunk kept appearing in his mind- from the moment he fought the demons to the moment he collapsed with Pond and Phuwin taking care of him.  He didn't know how his perception towards Dunk had changed but it somehow did. He couldn't deny the hint of jealousy he felt when he saw him in Pond's arms. There was no way he could justify it.

He sighed the moment his tired body touched the bed after he washed up. All he could hope for was to find peace within his sleep.  

~Please vote if you like this EP. It drives me forward. Khoorp khun na kha~

Do comment to let me know your thoughts. 😊😊

---

A/N: Thank u for all your kind words, you all really encouraged nong a lot. Don't worry na. Nong will finish this series. 😊😊

I know I said FK are supporting characters but I feel bad if I don't at least give them a bit more scenes. so I covered a lil about their rship. What do you all think?

Any questions about PPw? I know some of you were wondering what a kitsune is, hopefully this explains. Next EP will give u some insight on how PPw came to know Dunk.