The Wedding

Lyras pov

Harper had whisked me away from the mansion, leading me on a leisurely tour of some of the local spots. It was meant to be a distraction, but I could tell there was something more to it. Harper's demeanor was a bit too energetic, too intentional.

As the hours passed, my mind raced with possibilities. I tried to focus on the moment, enjoying the conversation with Harper and the various activities she had planned for us. We stopped by a quaint café for coffee, strolled through a nearby park, and even visited a small art gallery. Despite my enjoyment, I couldn't shake the feeling that something important was happening back at the mansion.

"So, how do you feel about the art here?" Harper asked, gesturing toward a vibrant painting that hung on the wall. She was trying hard to keep the conversation flowing, but I could see the subtle hints of nervousness in her eyes.

"It's beautiful," I said, trying to sound genuinely interested. "But I can't help but wonder why Deon and you have been gone for so long. Is everything okay?"

Harper's smile faltered for a moment before she regained her composure. "Oh, everything's fine. Just making sure you have a great time. You know how Deon can be with his surprises."

I raised an eyebrow, a hint of suspicion creeping into my voice. "Surprises? What kind of surprises?"

Harper waved her hand dismissively, a bit too quickly. "Oh, nothing too big. Just some preparations for tonight. You know how he is-always wanting to make things special."

As we finished up at the gallery, Harper suggested we head back to the mansion. "I think it's time to head back. I'm sure Deon is waiting for us."

When we arrived back at the mansion, the atmosphere was noticeably different. The place was quiet, almost eerily so. The lights were dimmed, and there was a subtle elegance in the air that hadn't been there before. Harper led me through the grand entrance, and I was met with a sight that took my breath away.

The main hall had been transformed into a stunningly decorated space, with twinkling lights, elegant floral arrangements, and soft, romantic music playing in the background. My heart raced as I took in the elaborate setup. Everything looked so beautiful, so perfect.

Harper gently guided me to the center of the room, where Deon awaited. He was dressed in a sharp suit, looking every bit as handsome and confident as ever. As he stepped forward, a look of excitement and nervousness crossed his face.

"Lyra," Deon said, his voice filled with emotion. "I'm so glad you're here. I wanted to make this night special, something you'd always remember."

My heart skipped a beat. I felt a mix of excitement, anticipation, and a little bit of nervousness. "Deon, what's all this for?"

Deon smiled, his eyes filled with warmth. "Well, I have a very important question to ask you. But first, I wanted to create a setting that reflects how much you mean to me."

Before I could say anything more, Deon took my hand and led me to a beautifully decorated area at the end of the room. There, amidst a sea of candles and flowers, was a small, elegant table set for two.

Deon turned to me, taking a deep breath. "Lyra, from the moment I met you, you've brought so much joy and meaning into my life. You're not just someone I care about; you're my everything. I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

As he spoke, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small, velvet box. Opening it revealed a stunning engagement ring, sparkling under the soft light.

"Lyra," he continued, his voice steady despite the emotion in his eyes, "will you marry me?"

I stood there, stunned and overwhelmed by the beauty of the moment. Tears welled up in my eyes as I took in the sincerity of his words and the significance of the gesture. I glanced around at the lovingly arranged decorations, the careful planning that had gone into this night, and the man standing before me, whose love and dedication were so apparent.