Preparing for the Proposal

The day had been relatively smooth, and the evening was proving to be just as relaxing. After a long day of work, Deon and I were finally back at the mansion. Everyone was winding down, and we had gathered in the living room for some downtime. Harper, Angelo, Marco, and Vincent were all packed together on the couch, while I found myself next to Deon.

Without much warning, Deon suddenly lifted me onto his lap. I glanced around, catching Harper's eyes. Her cheeks turned a deep shade of pink as she glanced at Angelo, who was now seated close to her. I couldn't help but smirk at the sight. It was amusing how our dynamic had shifted the room's energy.

Harper, trying to regain her composure, shot me a shy smile. "You seem quite comfortable over there, Lyra."

I leaned back against Deon's chest, feeling his arms snugly around my waist. "Oh, you know, just making myself at home."

Harper's blush deepened, and she looked away, her embarrassment palpable. I decided to have a bit of fun at her expense, just as she often did with me and Deon.

"Well, Angelo, you look like you're enjoying yourself," I said, teasingly, noticing how close they were sitting. "It's nice to see you two so... cozy."

Angelo chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eye. "You know, we're just keeping each other warm. It's a big couch."

"Sure, a big couch," I replied with a wink. "But I'm sure there's more to it than that."

Harper's face was a mix of mortification and amusement, and she shot me a playful glare. "You're one to talk. You're practically glued to Deon."

I shifted slightly, leaning into Deon's chest and looking up at him with a smirk. "Well, I guess I've just got a thing for comfy laps."

Deon's hand moved to my thigh, his touch warm and reassuring. "And I'm quite content with the arrangement."

Harper rolled her eyes but couldn't suppress a small smile. "Alright, alright. We get it. You two are basically inseparable."

I laughed softly, enjoying the light-hearted banter. "What can I say? We make a good team."

Marco, sitting on the other side of the room, piped up from his spot. "Well, at least you two are happy. That's more than I can say for Angelo and Harper's battle of the blushes."

Harper shot Marco a mock glare while Angelo chuckled beside her. "Oh, shut up, Marco. Not everyone is as 'in your face' about their feelings as you are."

Marco grinned. "True, but I wouldn't trade our little family for anything."

Deon's hand slid up my back, his touch gentle as he rested his chin on top of my head. "You know, it's moments like this that make everything worthwhile. I'm glad we're all together."

The room fell into a comfortable silence, everyone settling into their spots. Harper and Angelo were now teasing each other in good spirits, and Marco and Vincent were engaged in a discussion about the next steps for their operations. The atmosphere was relaxed and filled with camaraderie.

I looked up at Deon, feeling content. "So, what's next for us? Any big plans?"

Deon smiled down at me. "For now, just enjoying the evening. We've earned a break."

I nodded, snuggling closer. "Sounds perfect to me."

As the night went on, we enjoyed each other's company, the conversations flowing easily. The teasing and playful comments continued, but the overall mood was one of warmth and unity. Even in the midst of our unconventional lives, these moments of connection and laughter were the things that kept us grounded.