Chapter : 9

As time passed second year came to an end and we all progressed to third year , and third year brought many new changes to our life. We could finally roam the collage like seniors and had literally no fear , we could bunk we could do almost anything but we didnt all we did was just sit in the last benches of the class in enjoy , the talks of course classes were never ment to be enjoyed . This year our boy boys group goal was the get selected in sports day and we had been preparing for it from 1st year after the pretty bad defeat we started to go to gym and train and go the other stuff to make us fit , as individuals me and zain were selected in running sprints and then rahul and i were selected for badminton in solo and yeah sadly we couldn't make it to football team , we didnt manage to make it into any team sport , sara and sakshi were selected into badminton solo . We got 1 month of period to prepare for it and our routine used to be morning running practice and then attending collage and then evening badminton practice with rahul, sara and sakshi and this was our routine for the whole month and we were finally prepared to take part in the sports day and recover for the humiliation we faced in the first year.

The Sports day comes and first is running race , me and zain were selected for it and we go to the stadium get ready for the race me and zain were pretty confident we might end up some where as we have been practicing for it for a long time, and then we have all of our friends sitting in the stands motivating us , and then we line up for the race it was a 1000m race and then we line up in the grid in position and get ready for the race and all the crowd gets cleared from the track and finally the whistle is whistled and the race starts i try to go as fast as i can leaving everyone behind and after running few meter i manage to get 4th position in the start of the race and then i try my way to advance further and get to 3rd and then the guy who was going front of me trips and falls and i jump over him and some how manage to stay in the race and keep my lead i could see zain behind me tring his best to come front of me and i could still see the guy front of me was very far from me and i had lost alot of stamina to regain speed after jumping off that guy and then i try to push myself even further trying to get close to the first guy and i can see the finish line and i knew i had reached my limits but i could see the guy front of also slowing as he had too reached him limits and then it was just 2 at the finish line and i put everything i have left and overtake him and go on to win the race yeah idk how i got the energy in the last min but i managed to win the guy in front me became slow and slow and i took the advantage of it and i won. I got the gold medal and zain came 3rd and got the bronze medal all our friends came to congratulate me and zain and then we received the medals and sat in the stadium for few hours talks and had fun while other events were going on and till the pain in my legs might become less ( it got worse ) and then somehow i managed to get home , my leg was hurting so bad but the plus point was i won gold medal but the downside was i had badminton match's starting from next week.

Then next week starts i have my badminton matches of solo category and by now my legs had gotten better so it was fine and then i go to the badminton court it was first rahuls match and we were all supporting him and he won easily and then it was my match and we kept proceeding forward till it was evening and quarter finals started and it i get ready for my match and sara comes motivates me for the match and i held out to the court and the match starts and the first set goes normal i win by lead of 2 points and then i was thinking second set would also go normal and then out of no where idk what happened to me my body started to feel very weak and i was missing all my shots and i lost to him from 15 points and then in the break time sara comes to me and asks what happened is everything all right and she motivates me and i clam myself and then held out for the 3rd set and then everything works out fine and i end up winning the third set and qualify for semi finals, and then after an hour or two semi final match starts and i think it might be a tough match but i will win and then the 1st set begins and my opponent was just too good like he was just not giving any room for me to score a point and it was a very tight situation and it was 23 -25 and i was going to score a point and i smash the incoming Shuttlecock and it lands outside the box and the opponent gets the point and time gets over and i lose the first set, and then sara comes to me during the break time and says dont worry you will win the second and third set and till then zain and rohit also arrive and they also motivate me as i head into the 2nd set and the 2nd set begins and the game starts again with the intense battle no one giving room for mistake and chance to score points and it was going peak to peak battle and point were only getting scored when either of us got tired or made a slight mistake and then it went up to 27-28 and then it was a fight for one point as the time was about to finish and it got really intense as he was not giving any space for me to score a point but eventually he got tired and i took the opportunity and finally scored a point and ended up winning the 2nd set but the fight wasnt over yet 3rd set about to start and we both were desperate for the win and the 3rd starts we go aggressive over each other smashing the shuttle into each others courts and defending it as well and it was a very tiring but hard match and in the end the score was 29-27 and the time was about to finish and i had to score points to win and then we start to battle again shuttle going from one court to another again and again it was a tiring fight but in the end i managed to score a point and i win the 3rd set and win the semi finals as well and then i go to the enemy and say nice match well played and i gotta say he was a formidable opponent and then sara comes and congratulates me for the win and we go to the other court to see how's rahuls match going on and i see he is in the semi finals last set and wins it easily meaning in the finals it will be me facing rahul after 2 hours in the finals.

Me and rahul enter into the court and take our places and wait for the match to start , as the match starts rahul starts with the serve and the first set begins , we both were going aggressive from the start and not giving any chance of scoring points but i was losing pace as i was still tired from my last game which was too intense but was trying to keep up , this intensified the match even more as rahul was desperate for the win but i was not giving him chance to score points and by the end of first set the score was 20-22 with rahul leading and the time was almost going to end and i could not let him get another point and then as i was getting tired i lost my pace again and was not able to defend properly in time and lost the first set. Second set starts and i start to go aggressive on him and tring to pressurize him so that i can manage to gain a lead on him but he was just too good at responding to anything i threw at him and by the end of second set i was just getting too tired to even play properly and the score was 21-23 and i knew i was about to lose so i gained some confidence and prepared myself a fast smash to gain a point but as i smashed the shuttle went out side the box and rahul gained a point and won the game. He won gold medal and i won silver medal , and yeah everyone was cheering for rahul and in the crowd of people i could see the only one person happy for me even when i got silver and i just looked at her and smiled because i knew i might have got a silver in badminton but i surly got a diamond in my life. And then i finally went home and went to rest thinking it was a tiring day but at least i managed to win silver. Next day it was the girls badminton match and me and rahul go to support sara and sakshi . They both managed to qualify for semi finals but sadly for in the semi finals so they faced each other for bronze medal match which sara ended up winning the bronze medal and i was happy for her.