Chapter 11 Bear

WARNING!! 

This chapter includes depictions of violence that may be upsetting for some readers. Viewer discretion is advised.

Outside the Mansion

Faye and Adam walked briskly out of the mansion, the tension between them palpable. Faye's face was cold, hardened into a mask of determination. "Mikey can't see this," she said, her voice sharp with finality, no room for debate.

"Of course, boss," Adam replied, though his face betrayed the worry he tried to keep hidden. He understood the gravity of the situation, and the last thing they needed was for Mikey to be involved.

As they approached the Malisorn gate, Faye's tone grew even colder. "Did you catch the plate?" she asked, her eyes narrowing, the intensity of the moment making her presence feel even more imposing.

Adam shook his head, wiping the sweat from his brow. "I was in the kitchen. They must have been watching for an opening," he admitted, the weight of his mistake clear in his voice.

As Faye and Adam approached the Malisorn gate, a sight stopped them in their tracks. Hanging ominously from the wrought iron bars was a small, stuffed toy bear. But it wasn't just any bear—it was drenched in blood, its once-soft fur matted and darkened with crimson stains. The bear's glassy eyes, once innocent, now seemed lifeless, as if they had witnessed something unspeakable.

Its limbs were tied up with coarse rope, secured tightly to the gate as if it had been displayed deliberately, like a gruesome warning. The blood dripped slowly from the bear's body, leaving a trail of red on the stone path below.

Faye's face darkened, her eyes narrowing as she took in the brutal message. This wasn't just a threat—it was personal. The small stuffed bear, a symbol of childhood innocence, had been desecrated, sending a clear signal that whoever had done this knew exactly how to provoke fear and anger.

Adam stood frozen, sweat now pouring down his face as he stared at the bear, understanding the severity of the situation.

Faye's eyes never left the bloodied bear as she spoke, her voice cold and commanding. "Turn it inside out," she ordered, her tone leaving no room for hesitation. "Check it for explosives, listening devices, whatever."

"Turn it inside out," Faye commanded, her voice cold and precise. Her eyes remained fixed on the bear, never wavering. "Check it for explosives, listening devices, whatever."

Adam nodded quickly, already moving toward the gate. "And get rid of it before my daughter leaves the pool room," Faye added, her tone sharp, the concern in her voice masked by her steely resolve.

"On it," Adam replied, his hands steady despite the tension. He knew what was at stake, and the urgency in Faye's voice made it clear that there was no room for mistakes. He began to carefully untie the bear, his eyes scanning for anything suspicious, while Faye stood rigid, her gaze still locked on the bloody toy.

As Adam worked, Faye's mind raced. Whoever left the bear wasn't just sending a threat—they were sending a message directly to her, a calculated strike against the very thing she cared about most: Mikey.