🍃34. Sampheng🍃

The incident that day left us talk very little. Personally, I didn't know how to act while she was watching me to see if I was okay. She wanted to start a conversation, but afraid that I would ignore her. We were both so hesitant that we just stood there in silence.

Intuorn had feelings for me... in a romantic way.

I didn't know if having this special ability was a blessing or a curse. I knew everything, even the thoughts and feelings that others tried to hide. Sometimes, if I was uninformed and oblivious, the atmosphere could be much better.

But I understood her too. It was a passing thought that made her act like that, and a part of her wanted to know if I would be happy to receive so much attention.

How do I feel?

Damn! I knew how everyone else felt, but I didn't know what to think. It was so paradoxical.

"Are you still awake?"

Finally, I started the conversation in the middle of the night. Although we had agreed to wake up at 6 a.m., neither of us seemed ready to close our eyes.

"Yes."

"Are you excited to go to Bangkok?"

"I go to Bangkok regularly. I live there."

"That's true...I used to live there too. Do you think my parents will be there?"

This time, Intuorn, who was lying with her back to me, immediately sat up, startled.

"Why did you mention your parents all of a sudden?"

"My parents left me here and left the farm. Most people from the countryside go to Bangkok to find a job, so I was thinking that maybe my parents might be there."

"Why do you care about the past..."

"The past tells us where we came from, who we are."

I stared into Intuorn's eyes in the darkness. The dim moonlight outside allowed us to see each other, although not clearly.

"I still don't know who I am, as if I'm alone in this world."

"You have me."

"..."

"Don't think too much. Let's get some sleep."

Intuorn lay down, but continued to stare at me as if she wanted to keep looking at me.

"We have to wake up early tomorrow. It's already 2 in the morning, and if we haven't slept yet. You're going to fall asleep while driving."

"You're right. I'm keeping you up late. Sorry."

"Hey."

"Yeah?"

"Are you going to be like Nui in One Day?"

"What's One Day?"

"A movie."

"I've never seen it. What's it about?"

"The heroine has amnesia, but she only forgets one day."

"Oh, that's interesting."

"During that day, the heroine and the hero do many things together, forming a bond. But when the day ends, the heroine wakes up and can't remember anything what happened."

"..."

"If you remember the past, will you remember what happened between us?"

"What happened between us...?"

And then everything go silent again. Intuorn turned around and said briefly.

"Good night."

"Good night."