🍃27.The Trustworthy🍃

"Lay... How are you so accurate?"

"That's just what the stars say."

I replied with a smile to the housekeeper after predicting her past, saying that she used to sell frozen treats before working here. In fact, I saw her selling ice cream, but I had to keep it vague so as not to seem too accurate.

Now, over twenty workers on the farm were lining up, waiting for me to predict their future, uncertain if it would come true. Rumors of my past accurate predictions quickly reached Intuorn's ears. The rich young lady
stood with her arms crossed, watching from a distance, still not joining the crowd.

Yes... I intended it to be like this.

Ever since the day I tried to comfort Intuorn, her head was full of questions like,

"How did she know?"

At one point, I saw her wondering if I might have a special ability, like... reading minds.

Of course... she didn't believe it, but she was a little influenced.

That's why I needed to find the most reasonable excuse to get rid of her fanciful thoughts. I didn't want anyone to know about my special ability. It was too dangerous, and I still wanted to investigate my own past through the thoughts of those around me.

"I heard you're really accurate. Can you read mine?"

Intuorn's voice cut through the crowd, dispersing everyone. Many were irritated because they had been waiting in line for a long time, but they had to make way for her.

"What would you like me to read?"

"Read me like you read everyone else,"

The girl said demandingly, reaching out her hand to me and staring straight into my eyes.

"Go ahead, read me."

'How much do you know? Let's see.'

Intuorn’s thoughts made me straighten up as if I had been challenged. Okay, if she wanted proof, I would give it to her. I would make her hair stand on end.

As soon as I reached out to touch her hand, Intuorn immediately pulled away as if shocked, clutching her hand to her chest awkwardly. I could hear her heartbeat echoing in my head before she smiled.

"You look embarrassed, In."

"I’m not!"

Her “I’m not” was something she truly believed. Like I said, Intuorn was blunt. She may not realize she was nervous and embarrassed, but so be it.

"Is there a way to read without touching?"

"Yes, but it’s not that clear. I need to read your palm."

‘So she can’t read minds. She must be some kind of fortune teller.’

That thought made me smile in relief, all doubts dispelled. She held out her hand for me to touch again, and past events flowed like images and sounds.
An only child raised with money by her parents.

A father who loved his daughter more than anything but had no time to take care of her, using money to buy happiness. Whatever she wanted, she got, leading to immediate frustration when denied. The blank slate was stained by her parents' actions.

A lonely child with only toys and dolls for friends, throwing things when displeased.

She was not inherently bad...

A girl who spent her days with a dollhouse, talking to her Barbies in front of the mirror. As she grew older and went to school, most of her friends approached her because she had money and treated them snacks. It seemed like she knew they were not sincere.