🍃37. Slip Off!!🍃

What kind of question is that?

I gaped, unsure if it was an intellect test like the math problem before. As I stood there, dazed at the entrance to the bathroom, a sound broke the silence between us, like a bell signaling the end of a round.

Borrorygmi...

My stomach growled loudly, breaking the silence between us. We exchanged awkward glances. Teacher Renu looked at me, trying to suppress a smile before laughing and gently pushing my face away.

"You idiot, you ruined the mood."

It was awkward. Even though today was the first time we had a real conversation, it felt like we had known each other for a long time. We must have done a lot of things together before, but unfortunately, I couldn't remember any of them.

But it was good. Even though I couldn't remember anything, the good feelings were definitely still there.

"I haven't had dinner yet, but don't worry. I won't bother you. I'll go find something to eat. You can relax."

Just as I was about to go get my wallet, I was suddenly pulled into a tight hug. The shaking left me a little dazed, and I could only roll my eyes at shoulder height since we're the same height.

"Uh... Is something wrong?"

"Don't go! You can't go!"

"What?"

"You can't go buy food!"

How cruel! What kind of warning is this?

It seemed to tell me to beware of fire or that there was dangerous gas ahead. But here I am just hungry, and I couldn't go.

"My stomach will growl all night and bother you."

"Order delivery."

"O... Okay."

Even though I agreed, I still wasn't released. I could feel a frantic fear, which made me feel sorry for her. I had to hug her back, trying to comfort her, before slowly untangling myself and guiding Teacher Renu to sit on the bed to calm down. From someone who had been teasing me just moments ago, she had turned into someone fearful. I thought I needed to distract her for a bit.

I had planned to take a shower, but now I forgot all about it.

"Um... How do you order food over the phone? I think I've seen it in ads. Can you teach me? What app do I need to use?"

I handed my phone to the sweet-faced person to find the app, but she just looked at the bottom of the screen showing a picture of Intuorn.

Of course... I didn't set it up myself. I don't know how to do anything.

"Who is this?"

"This is In, my friend I mentioned before."

I introduced her a little shyly, but it seemed like it might change the subject to the teacher forgetting to order food.

No, Walt. If we forget to order food, I'll starve... waah...

"You said you're the closest in the world now. What kind of relationship is that... boss? Friend? Lover?"

"She's a friend and a boss, supporting me in everything."

"And a lover?"

"Not a lover."

"Uh-huh... But if she's a friend or a boss, does she have to buy you a phone too? Isn't that a little too affectionate? And that ringtone... It's her voice, right?"

"Yeah, and I can't change that. She'd get mad."

"She seems like a pretty bossy friend."

"Well, she's the boss. She's a little demanding, but overall, she's sweet."