🍃44.Happy Birthday🍃

"Have you talked to In lately?"

Mrs. Kate asked with a slightly worried expression when she sees me about to leave for a tutoring class. I shake my head and give a dry smile. Thinking about it...Intuorn had been missing for a while. Normally, she would stop by my room to talk, but now she wasn't there anymore.

"Is she sick?"

"Lay, can you take a look on her? She doesn't let many people near her."

"I'll try."

Instead of leaving the house, I went back to the large mansion and went up to the second floor. Now, I stand in front of Intuorn's door, but I hesitate to do anything because I felt uncomfortable.

'You're selfish.'

Jenpob's words still echoed in my head from that day. Not making things clear was really selfish, and it seemed like I needed to do something about it.

"In, it's me, Lay."

The room is silent for a moment. I heard movement inside, but she didn't open the door; only her voice come out.

"What's wrong?"

"Are you feeling unwell? Your mother is worried about you, so she asked me to check on you."

"If she hadn't told you, you wouldn't have come, right?"

"Are you mad at me?"

"No, I just want to be alone. Are you going to class?"

"Yes."

"Okay, you have to be eager to learn."

We both fell silent. I was about to leave when a thought occurred to me.

"In?"

"Hmm?"

I thought she had moved away from the door, so I was a little surprised to see her standing there, staring at the door as well.

"Today, I have something important to talk to you about. When I get back from class, can I have a moment of your time?"

Intuorn remained silent, so I had to ask again.

"Did you hear me?"

"Yes."

"..."

"Is it okay if I don't want to talk?"

Her voice had a hint of concern, and I know why she is equally worry.

"No, it's very important. I'll come back to talk to you. See you later."

I said goodbye and left the house as usual, without suspecting anything...
.

.

Today, Teacher Renu picked me up in the alley next to the house. Normally, I would meet her at the tutoring school, which more of a halfway point for the two of us, and also to avoid anyone from the house following me.

"Happy birthday!"

As soon as I get in the car, the lovely teacher smiles and wishes me a happy birthday. I looked at her and narrowed my eyes mischievously.

"There's no ribbon."

"What would you need a ribbon for?"

"To tie you up so I can unwrap you step by step?"

I said, making a playful gesture.

"Did you really lose your memories or just pretend to get attention? That's so Jao-Jom."

Teacher Renu laughs and start driving.

"Fasten your seatbelts."

"I'm excited! Let's unwrap the present at your condo."