🍃40. More than🍃

"The movie was fun, huh?"

Intuon said as we sat down to eat after the movie ended. I only agreed because I had already seen it with Teacher Renu. Besides... I dozed off several times during the movie because I didn't get home until after 2 AM last night. And then I had to figure out how to sneak back in. Honestly, it was one of the hardest times I've ever had to live.

But there was also an inexplicable thrill in sneaking around doing this and that.

"Why do you look so tired today, Lay? Are you feeling sick?"

"Probably not getting enough sleep."

"Why didn't you get enough sleep?"

"When I came to talk to you last night, you went to bed right away, didn't you?"

So observant.

I forced a small smile and made up a lie.

"I couldn't sleep well. I suddenly had a throbbing headache last night. It was about 2 AM before I could actually sleep."

"Do you have a fever?"

The lovely young lady reached out to place her hand on my forehead and then compared it with hers.

"You’re not hot."

I’m feeling better now. I was sick last night, and now I’m just tired from lack of sleep. I even dozed off a bit at the movies.

"And you said the movie was fun. You lied to my face."

Intuorn pouted.

"It’s okay. We’ll make up for it next time. At least we’ve started."

"Yes."

I smiled at her. As we ate, the young lady with perpetually smiling eyes suddenly looked a little startled.

"Isn’t that Miss Renu?"

"What!?"

I jumped as if that name was a sharp object stuck in me, almost making me stand up. When I turned to look, I see the stunning teacher I had just gone out with last night walking alongside a handsome, distinguished man.

Intuorn hesitated about greeting her, but decided to call out to the teacher and smile.

"Ms. Renu, hello! What a small world."

Since the restaurant we were in was an open space, Teacher Renu turned to us immediately, looking equally surprised.

"Hello, Ms. Intuorn..."

The beautiful woman glances at me briefly, pretending not to recognize me, acting as if she's trying to remember my name.

"This is Lay..."

Intuorn paused, thinking about how to introduce myself.

"She is my friend who came to the meeting yesterday but didn’t join us."

"I see."

"What brings you here, Ms. Renu?"

"I’m here to explore the market and see what customers are interested in right now and buy some books."

"What kind of books?"

"Cookbooks. I'm planning to practice cooking tomorrow. By the way, are you here just to eat, Miss Intuorn?"

Even though I couldn't read the teacher's mind, it's not hard to guess that she's indirectly asking through me what we're doing here alone.

"We came to watch a movie. It just came out, so I dragged Lay to watch it. It was really fun. You should watch it."