Seven

*Patrick's POV*

In the morning, I wake up from the most incredible dream. Pete invited be over to his place for a romantic dinner. After dessert, things started to get hot, and I had sex with him! It's been a dream of mine for as long as I've known him, but for some reason, this dream was better, more realistic...

I rub my eyes, still trying to wake up from my state of euphoria. When I roll over, I feel a pair of strong arms wrapped around me, and I know they don't belong to Allie. I turn to look at the face that the mysterious arms belong to, and smile widely, realizing that last night wasn't a dream.

Allie completely escapes my mind once I lay my eyes on Pete, still trying to comprehend the fact that I had sex with the most attractive person in the world last night.

I climb on top of him, straddling his waist as I place kisses all over him, thanking him for last night. My kisses gently wake him and he smiles before kissing me back. He moans against my lips before pulling away. "Mmm Patrick, last night was fucking amazing, baby!" Pete practically groans before going back to kissing me.

"Wait here, I have a surprise for you!" Pete exclaims before getting out of bed and running to another room.

I laugh at his excitement and reach for my phone, gasping at my hundreds of notifications.

Messages (87)
Missed Calls (32)
Voicemails (11)

Every single one from Allie. Shit! I feel my stomach begin to ache with uneasiness. There is no way I can come up with a lie to cover my ass for being gone all night. I still attempt to think of something. I don't want her to know the actual reason before I do some explaining, and I can't explain if she's already pissed off at me.

All my worries disappear when I see Pete at my side. He lifts me out of the bed and into his arms, then says, "Close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you to, okay?" I can't help but smile as I nod in agreement.

Pete carries me into what I figure is the kitchen based on the delicious aroma. He places me onto a chair and says, "Alright baby! I'm sure you've already guessed it, but you can open your eyes now!"

My eyes flutter open and I glance at the plates of breakfast foods in front of me. There are pancakes, eggs, bacon, and muffins. I smile widely at Pete because he remembered that those are my favorite things to eat for breakfast.

I embrace him into a big hug and thank him for being so sweet to me. I kiss him passionately before he pulls away and says, "You're welcome! I love you, Patrick!" My eyes widen at his sudden confession. I tell him the same, but then I feel a hint of disgust in myself. It's so wrong telling two different people that I love them. I have to admit to myself that it's even more wrong that I'm sleeping with my lover and living with my wife. This needs to stop.

I eat my breakfast quickly and quietly, thanking Pete again. He leads me to the door and I kiss him goodbye. I don't want to leave, but I know I have to.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I walk through the door of the house Allie and I share. I'm greeted by my furious wife, but she's instantly overcome by tears. "Patrick, where the hell have you been? I've been so worried! It's my fault! I ignored you all week, I can't blame you for wanting to leave! I'm so sorry! I missed you so much!" she sobs before running up to me, squeezing me tightly, and burying her face in my chest. I wrap my arms around her and rub circles into her back to calm her.

I'm instantly relieved that Allie isn't angry, but I still feel awful. She thinks it's her fault and it's completely mine. I think today could be the day I tell her I don't love her anymore. The thought of breaking her heart makes me cringe, but it's something I know I need to do.

"Allie, sweetheart, I need to talk to you," I say while grabbing her hand and leading her to sit beside me on the couch.

"What is it, babe?" Allie questions genuinely.

"I have a lot of explaining to do, okay? I would appreciate it if you listen to everything I have to say without interrupting or asking any questions. Can you do that for me?" I ask sternly. Allie nods, a hint of worry on her face.

"Okay, so I've been going through a lot emotionally, and this is extremely difficult for me to tell you because I care about you so much," I begin, tears beginning to form in my eyes. "Allie, I was so good back then. I loved you more than anything, and I made the right decision to marry you. But recently, I haven't been feeling the same way I did when we first got married. What I'm trying to say, is I just figured out recently that I-" I wipe the tears away from my eyes. "I-I'm gay. Or maybe bisexual. I don't know, but I like men, too. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, but it's been hard for me to admit because I still care about you so damn much! You just need to know that I don't love you anymore, and I think it would be best if we got a divorce. I really am sorry."

I finish my explanation and watch as Allie's face changes from a look of sorrow to one of pure hatred. "No! You're lying to me!" she sobs.

"I would never lie to you!" which itself is a lie, but I am telling the truth this time.

"Patrick, stop! I know you've been cheating on me! That's why you have fucking hickeys all down your neck!" She shouts while motioning toward the purple love bites from Pete. "You're not gay, you're just lying to me to cover up the fact that you don't love me! You probably never have, you fucking asshole!"

"Allie, I really am gay! And I did love you! I just don't anymore because I'm gay!" I repeat angrily.

"I don't care, Patrick! All I know is that I'm still madly in love with you, and I promise to be a better wife to you if you stop cheating on me! I don't want you to leave me! Baby, I love you!"

"You don't get it!" I shout back. "Being a better wife for me isn't going to change the fact that I'm gay! No matter how hard you try to change it, I will never love you the way I did back then!"

Allie's tears flood from her eyes. I knew this would break her heart, and it breaks mine, too, knowing I'm causing her so much pain.

"Patrick, you can't leave me!"

"Why not?"

"I'm pregnant."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note:

Cliffhanger!

Sorry for not updating for a few day, but here you go! I bet you didn't see that coming!

I'm thinking about making the next chapter from Allie's POV so you guys can get to know a little more about the kind of person she actually is, and not from Patrick's POV! I'm excited!

I hope you all are enjoying it so far! Thanks for all the reads and votes! It already has more votes than my last story! Love you guys!

Thanks for reading!