Eleven

*Pete's POV*

"What the fuck are you doing?" the voice of a pissed off female rings through my ears. I look up at Patrick who wears a horrified look on his face. Then my gaze travels to the brunette female standing behind him staring daggers into the back of his head.

She is unfamiliar to me, so I hesitantly ask, "Uh, Trick, who is that?" Patrick's mouth opens and it looks as if he's about to say something, but no noise comes out.

"Oh, I apologize for not introducing myself earlier! I'm Allie, Patrick's wife!" she smiles irritatingly wide, offering to shake my hand while "her husband" lays naked beside me. As if this situation isn't awkward enough...

I choke back a laugh of disbelief as I roll my eyes, "Yeah, okay lady, whatever you say. In case you haven't noticed, Patrick's gay...and taken!"

Allie cackles evilly, "Well, I guess you're little boyfriend, Trick, is keeping a secret from you, now isn't he?" She chuckles even more at my dumbstruck expression.

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. "Patrick, is that true?" I ask, trying to hold back gallons of tears, unable to look directly at him. When he doesn't answer, I quickly glance up at him. His tear-stained cheeks tell me that Allie isn't lying.

"Pete-" Patrick begins.

"What?!" I snap, pulling away from him to get dressed.

He covers his naked body with the sheets and says, "You don't understand! I was going to-"

"What is there to understand, huh? You obviously lied about your feelings towards me! You only told me that you loved me so we could have sex, didn't you? I mean, for God's sake Patrick, you're fucking married! And to her!" I scream, pointing at Allie who seems to be thoroughly amused.

"Pete, I love you," Patrick explains through sobs.

"How can you even say that? You could have at least mentioned that you have a fucking wife!"

"You don't get it! I don't love her!"

"Then why are you still with her?" I question, still convinced that he's lying.

"Because-"

"Because I'm pregnant!" Allie cheers happily, clapping her hands together. She smiles proudly and it saddens me knowing how much she and Patrick must love each other. Right when I thought I found the one. More tears begin trickling down my cheeks at the thought of him being my husband one day. I should have known he'd be trouble from the moment we crossed paths, because if he seems too good to be true, well guess what? He probably is.

"Allie, dammit! Could you please just give us a moment to talk alone?" Patrick bellows irritably.

"No, you know what? I don't want another moment with you! I don't ever want to talk to you again!" The harsh words escape my mouth without warning, but I don't bother taking them back.

"But Pete-"

"Ever!" I clarify.

Patrick stares at me and I can almost see the smoke coming out of his ears. His eyes narrow and he rolls his eyes with sass, figuring that I'm lying. "Now the two of you can get the fuck out of my house," I glare at Patrick and finish, "and never come back!"

"Uh, Pete?"

"What?" I yell deafeningly, making him jump.

"Could you hand me my clothes?"

I pick up his belongings and hand them to him. As I do, Patrick snatches them from me, along with my wrists. He pulls me closer to him until our faces are only centimeters apart and kisses me. Every single part of me wants to hate him, but I can't get myself to pull away. Instead, I kiss him back.

The moment of lust ends when Allie clears her throat as if to ask us to wrap it up. The hatred towards Patrick (and that bitch) reappears and I pull him off my bed. He quickly dresses and I forcefully shove him away.

Allie grips his hand tightly and leads him to the door, but not before he turns around and says, "Pete, I love you."

"Get out," I grumble, slamming the door behind them. My back presses against the wood as I slide down to the cold floor. I press my face into the palms of my hands and weep.

What have I done?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note:

Shorter (and sadder) chapter, but I figured I needed to update since the last chapter ended as a cliffhanger. So, for those of you who have been patiently waiting, here you go! I'm not going to say "I hope you enjoyed it" because I'm guessing a majority of you didn't...sorry.

Thanks for reading!