Fourteen

*Patrick's POV*

I spend the entire drive home contemplating my next move to get Pete back. Everything that comes to mind is either too difficult, illegal, or has to do with getting rid of Allie. So, my decision is simple; I must eradicate my wife. How? I have no idea.

I drive along to only the sound of the radio and my thoughts until I turn into the driveway and park the car. I run my fingers frustratedly through my hair and force myself to walk into the house, silently praying that Allie is already asleep. But of course, she's not. Instead, I find her on the couch watching a movie.

She catches me in my attempt to sneak past her, "Oh, hey baby! I'm glad you're home! I missed you!"

"Uh, hi, Allie," I mumble quietly, turning to walk away.

"Wait! Patrick! Come here and sit by me. I want to talk more! Please?" she begs.

I unwilling plop down on the couch beside her, awaiting the lecture that I surprisingly don't receive. Alternatively, she asks, "So, where did you run off to without warning me?" She raises her eyebrow with suspicion before bringing a glass bottle to her lips.

I don't bother answering her question, but reply with one of my own. Motioning toward the alcoholic beverage in her hand, I ask, "Why the hell are you drinking beer?" referring to the fact that she's pregnant.

"Oh, uh, this?" she asks nervously.

"No, the other one," I say, my voice filled with overdramatic sarcasm. She narrows her eyes, not appearing to be amused by my retort.

"Um, I uh- it's nonalcoholic," she stutters before quickly covering up with an obvious lie.

I'm about to call her out on it, but I decide to bite my tongue and go along with it. This is perfect for my plan. If she's drinking alcohol, then she must not be pregnant! I can finally get rid of her and get my Petey back! I cheer in my head.

"Oh, well then drink up!" I say with a wide grin.

I kiss Allie on the cheek and practically skip to the bedroom to change into my pajamas. My excitement makes me do crazy things, but I don't even care at the moment.

I crawl into bed still smiling, happy to begin my plan in the morning.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

When I wake up, my smile reappears and I spring to my feet, reaching for my phone. Today is the day I get my life back.

I dial the desired number on the keypad and press call, listening to it ring until a familiar voice answers the phone. "Leave me alone, Patrick! I told you I didn't want to talk to you ever again!" I hear Pete yell as I walk into another room so Allie can't hear the conversation.

"I know what you said, but this is important, I promise!"

"I don't care! I don't want to talk to you right now!"

"Pete, please listen to me! I need your help!" I plead.

"Dude, I'm not going to help give you relationship advice so you can go screw another guy and not tell him that you're married!" he shouts. I don't know why, but his response causes me to laugh.

"I don't want any relationship advice, I just need your help. Are you ready to listen?" I ask sternly.

"Yeah, whatever. What do you want?"

I take a deep breath and ask, "So, you said you don't love me because I'm married, right?"

"Uh, yeah I guess." he replies hesitantly.

"And I told you I couldn't leave Allie because she's pregnant, right?"

"Well, actually she told me that, but yeah, go on," he chuckles. I roll my eyes, remembering how much I wanted to kill Allie at that moment.

"So, what if I told you she's not actually pregnant?"

"She's not?!" he screams with a hint of anxiety in his voice.

I nod my head rapidly, but quickly realize he can't actually see me, so I say, "Yeah! I mean she isn't! No, she's not pregnant!"

"So what are you going to do about it?" Pete asks more seriously this time.

"I'm going to leave her."

"You are?" he ask quietly in disbelief.

"Yeah," I nearly whisper. "And that's why I need your help."

"I'm not divorcing her for you! That's just wrong, Patrick!"

"No, no, no!" I laugh, "That's not what I need your help for. She doesn't know that I know she's not actually pregnant."

"Okay?" he says confused.

"So I need your help to get her to spill the truth. Once I can accuse her of lying to me about being pregnant, I can leave her and be with you!" I beam with excitement.

I wait for Pete to reply with a happy comment, hoping he'll show some sort of sign that he still has feelings for me, but he never says anything. "So are you in?" I finally ask to break the awkward silence.

"Yeah, I'm in!" he agrees and I sigh in relief.

"Okay, good! So here's the plan..."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Author's Note:

Holy smokes! 1.3k reads already? That's wiiiiild!! Thanks so much!

Sorry for taking so long to update, but I've been extremely busy and for some reason, this chapter took me an extra long time to write, but I hope you all enjoyed it!

Thanks for reading!