#28 Could this be fate?

A few days ago:

Klaus, Luther and Sloane were at Five and Lila's apartment.

"Okay, so I've found out something," Klaus began, "and I've changed my mind about my financial reward, because I'd like something else!"

"Oh, so what's it gonna be this time?" Five asked slightly amused.

Klaus unexpectedly grew serious, which made everyone even more curious, "If Eudora is in this timeline, is there any chance Dave could be here? Is it possible that everyone we lost is here?"

Lila and Five looked at each other. So did Luther and Sloane.

"First it was Sloane, now it's Eudora, what if Dave or Sissy is here somewhere too? Just like Ray from the past showed up then, is there a chance the others are here?"

"I suppose it's possible," Five nodded his head.

"Yeah, maybe they're here just like my parents," Lila joined in. "But their memories may be completely different or distorted in some way."

"Yeah, probably like when I had memories of a completely different life," Sloane joined in, "I always felt like there was something wrong with my memories and then I started remembering the real ones, but I'm not sure if it can work that way every time."

"Yeah, maybe it was different for you because you were there for all of it then too," Lila added and Sloane just nodded her head in agreement.

Klaus smiled sadly, "fine, I get it, it might not be a happy ending right away, but I'd like to at least know that maybe he's here somewhere and okay."

"I'll try to see what I can find out." Five uttered and Lila looked at him with a smile.

Klaus looked grateful and then immediately switched to a more casual note, "okay, okay, enough with the sentiment, now on to why we're here!" He started to tell them about their discussion with Diego, "he wasn't as forthcoming as I'd hoped, but I don't think he was looking for Eudora... it was more like he still seemed to be blaming himself for what happened to her that night, I don't think he knows about her," and since he knew the most about it of anyone, he told them what he knew about that night and how it affected him, "I'm actually glad she's okay because she got me out of that mess that night. So I took advantage of that."

"What do you mean?" Lila asked.

Klaus shrugged, "I went to see her at the police station, with the excuse that I wanted to thank her in case she had any idea who I was."

"Well that's brilliant!" Luther said and he and Klaus nodded approvingly at each other.

Five looked appreciative as well, "Good, now you've impressed me too." He was about to add that his sobriety was really doing him good, but he preferred to keep it to himself. "And how did it turn out?"

"Well, that's the worst part. I don't think he remembers our wacky family at all. Because she hadn't the slightest idea who I was. So I kind of wrapped things up and I better get out of there before she had too many questions."

"Maybe that could be an advantage." Lila said. They all looked at her. "I mean, they broke up and now they can start all over again. Sure, it might be a bit of a complication that he's currently still married and has three kids, but if he tried a little harder, he could impress her if he wanted to. He's already impressed her once, so why not again? He can be an ass at times, but if he hasn't forgotten her over the years, maybe he'd take this chance." She reached for the file with the information that Five had managed to find out. "Besides, she's single, childless, and seems to live mostly for her work."