CHAPTER 16

_ILHAM_

After almost two weeks of doing the most irrational thing on earth, I got discharged from the hospital and I could finally breath freely. I continued my work normally and everything fell back into place on its own.

My family members became extra caring and even Amin reduced the intensity of his jokes. Everyone was being super nice, except for Khalil who did not even come to see me again after that hospital meeting.

No call

No message

Nothing.

I was the last one to leave the bakery as usual as I always send the other workers home before I leave. I had just attended to the last costumer and was about to close the door when another costumer came, at the last second.

"I'm sorry please. But I urgently need a birthday cake." He said, his face looking pleadingly at me. When I turned to look at him, I could swear he looks familiar. Like someone that'll be related to Khalil's family due to the striking similarity in his facial features.

If there's one thing that is similar to all the members of Khalil's family, it'll be their handsomeness and their gorgeousness.

I pushed the door open and went back inside, the man slowly trailing behind me. I simply went to the cakes we have in preservation but none of those were fit to be a birthday cake so I decided to quickly bake one.

I was quickly putting on ingredients on ingredients trying to finish up fast in the kitchen when the man came inside the kitchen area.
"It says out of bounds." I said showing him the sign written boldly with red ink on the wall of the kitchen.

"I know." He replied his hands raised, I turned my attention to the work I'm doing.

"Well then get out." I responded. Getting the baking tray. I put the mixture and set it in the oven.

"I'm Amir by the way." He said extending his hand for a handshake. Browns eyes, dark skin.
He surely looks familiar.

"I am married, Amir." I said showing him my ring finger that has a small ring my step mother gave to me.

He cocked his eyebrows up suggestively,
"Is that so?"

I turned around, glared at him and replied "Yes."

"Who's the lucky man?" I heard him ask coming to stand almost beside me. I became alert.

And when he came to stand beside me by the oven side, I reached out for the nearest knife and raised it at him almost cutting his neck with it.
"Get.out." I forced out my words with an unhinge venom in my voice.

He raised his two hands up with a smile that looks too innocent to be from a man that seems to be supposedly harmful, and said "Of course." Then left the kitchen area.

I sigh and dropped the knife, quickly going ahead to finish up the cake and when I was done, I packaged it for him and brought it out.
I gave him the cake with out uttering a word and closed up my bakery.

I called Amin to come pick me up and he appeared soon after my call. Getting into the passenger seat of the car, I folded my arms and frowned.