verdict

When Iroh returned to his room, Aria was laying the bed, reading. She laid on her stomach and her calves were leaning against the headboard.

She lowered the book so her face could be seen, her eyebrow raised. "So... what's the verdict? Am I getting my head cut off or am I in the clear?"

A small smirk was on Iroh's face as he entered the room.

He took a few strides towards the girl, before collapsing on the bed next to her.

"I think your head is safe for now." he responded sarcastically, turning his head to look at her.

"For now. That's funny, really. You are a very funny man Iroh." Aria sarcastically hummed, closing the book. "I can't take it anymore, what did they say?"

Iroh shifted and leaned against the headboard as he spoke.

"They liked you." he said simply, looking over at her with a small, amused smile on his face.
"And my mother liked you a lot."

Aria nodded and smiled, a smile she couldn't stop after hearing that. She grabbed the book and opened it, placing it over her wide uncontrollable smile.

Iroh could see the obvious smile on the girls face, and chuckled quietly at her expression.

"You are a massive dork you know that?" he teased her with a smirk.

Aria laughed and nodded, placing the book back down. "The massive dork your mother likes."

He took in a breath and exhaled heavily, before speaking again, his voice a little bit quieter now.

Iroh chuckled and couldn't stop a laugh of his own from escaping him. His smirk grew a little bit as he looked at her reaction.

"She also said you were sweet."

"I am sweet."

"You're also stubborn." he added.

Aria sat up and pushed her hair back. A smirk graced her lips and she bit her lip, nodding. "And yet?"

Iroh was quietly for a moment, and the smirk returned on his face again, growing bigger than before.

"And yet I'm still completely enamored by you." he said dryly.

"Right answer." She chuckled softly and leaned her face to his.

A small, smug smirk appeared on his face as she spoke, and he chuckled as she leaned towards him.

"I'm always right."

"Don't ruin the moment." She laughed and pressed her lips against his.

Iroh laughed as she spoke, and was about to open his mouth to say something cheeky back, but her lips pressed against his, cutting him off.

He stopped in his tracks, and his eyes closed as he kissed back gently.

He raised a hand and rested it on the back of her head, pulling her a little bit more closer.

Aria looked absolutely stunning in the dim light of the room, and he felt his heart thump in his chest as he looked at her.

He raised a hand, and silently started brushing the loose strands of hair out of her face, his eyes never leaving her.