Chapter 1: The Three Musketeers

The sun hung low over the university campus as students buzzed around, heading to their afternoon classes. Among the crowd, three figures stood out—not because they tried, but because their unique personalities always seemed to draw attention. Jungkook, Namjoon, and Jin—known affectionately as "The Three Musketeers" by their classmates—were practically inseparable despite their strikingly different natures.

Jungkook, the youngest of the trio, was the quiet one. He had an athletic build, which made him a popular figure, especially among the girls. But unlike most of his peers, Jungkook didn’t thrive on the attention. He preferred solitude or just hanging out with his two best friends. His cool and calm demeanor gave him an air of mystery. If you asked him a question, he'd give you a straight answer, but getting more than a few sentences out of him was rare. Still, his friends knew him best. Beneath that quiet surface was someone fiercely loyal and incredibly talented—not just in sports but in anything he set his mind to.

Jin, on the other hand, was the complete opposite. The eldest of the group, Jin was the life of the party. His laughter echoed down the hallways, and his notorious "grandpa jokes" were infamous across campus. At 22, Jin didn’t mind being called an old man by his peers. If anything, he leaned into it, often pretending to limp or shake his head at "kids these days." His humor made everyone around him smile, but behind the jokes was a genuinely caring person. Jin looked after his friends like a big brother, always checking in to see if they’d eaten or reminding them to relax when finals season rolled around. He may have been goofy, but he was the glue that held the group together.

And then there was Namjoon—the brains of the trio. He was always found with a book in hand or deep in thought, scribbling in his notebook. Namjoon was the type of guy who could solve a complex math problem in his head while also debating philosophy with his professor. His intelligence was intimidating to some, but his clumsiness made him oddly relatable. Whether it was knocking over bookshelves or dropping his phone for the tenth time that day, Namjoon’s moments of chaos balanced out his genius. People admired him not just for his brains, but for his humility. He never flaunted how smart he was and often said that his friends, Jin and Jungkook, made him better.

Despite their differences, the three friends balanced each other out perfectly. Their bond was unbreakable, and their popularity around campus wasn’t just because they were cool or smart or funny. It was because they genuinely cared about one another. They weren't just friends; they were brothers.

As the afternoon sun dipped lower, casting a golden hue over the campus, the trio found themselves sitting on the grassy field near the library. Jin was in the middle of telling one of his terrible jokes, something about a chicken crossing the road.

"Why does the chicken cross the road?" Jin paused dramatically, grinning ear to ear.

"Because it wanted to run away from your jokes," Jungkook deadpanned, his face expressionless as ever, but a slight smirk tugging at his lips.

Namjoon chuckled, shaking his head. "You really need new material, Jin."

"Hey!" Jin huffed, pretending to be offended. "These are classics. You’ll appreciate them when you’re older."

"We’re already older," Namjoon replied, pointing out the obvious as he flipped through a book.

Jin rolled his eyes but then smiled as he glanced at his two best friends. Despite their banter, they all knew that these moments—sitting together, laughing at nothing and everything—were the ones they would remember forever.

"Alright, alright, I'll stop with the jokes," Jin relented, leaning back on the grass. "So, what’s the plan for tonight? You guys coming to the party?"

"Maybe," Jungkook replied quietly, leaning against the tree with his hands behind his head, eyes half-closed. He was never one for parties, but he knew Namjoon and Jin liked to socialize.

"Yeah, I’ll be there," Namjoon said, pushing his glasses up his nose. "But don’t expect me to stay long. I’ve got to finish my essay."

"Of course you do," Jin sighed dramatically. "Sometimes I think you care more about books than us."

Namjoon smiled softly. "You know that's not true."

The three of them sat in comfortable silence for a moment, the hum of campus life buzzing around them. Despite their individual quirks and differences, they all understood each other in a way no one else could.

And though they didn’t know it yet, this was just the beginning of a journey that would test their friendship, challenge their values, and strengthen the bond they shared.