Chapter 8: Whispers in the Night

As Jimin finished reciting his poem, he felt a sense of peace wash over him. He closed his eyes, savoring the moment, when suddenly, a soft murmur drifted through the cool night air. At first, he thought it might just be his imagination, a remnant of the calming hum he had enjoyed moments earlier. But the whispers persisted, low and indistinct, tugging at his attention.

Frowning slightly, Jimin tilted his head, trying to catch a glimpse of the source of the voices. They were close but not too close, and he couldn't quite make out the words. He felt a mix of curiosity and unease. This was usually his quiet spot, where he could immerse himself in the serenity of his thoughts and the beauty of the night sky.

“Do you think he really feels that way?” one voice said, sounding familiar yet distant.

“Yeah, he’s never been in love before,” another replied, filled with surprise. “But this time… it’s different.”

Jimin's heart raced. The conversation felt significant, as if it was about someone important—perhaps even about him. He couldn’t help but wonder who they were talking about and what it all meant.

He shifted slightly, trying to focus on their words, but they faded back into a mere whisper again. The soft rustling of leaves and the gentle chirping of crickets filled the air in the absence of their conversation. Jimin shook his head, trying to dismiss the unease that was creeping in. Perhaps it was just his mind playing tricks on him.

Deciding to return to his writing, he reached for his phone, feeling the cool metal in his hand. He opened a new note and began to type, inspired by the whispers that danced through the night. It felt strange to write about something he couldn’t fully understand, but the mystery ignited a spark within him.

Whispers of the Night
In the shadows, voices linger,
Echoes of a heart laid bare,
Love’s uncertain dance grows nearer,
Yet remains shrouded in the air.

What secrets does the night conceal?
What truths are whispered, soft and light?
A longing heart learns to feel,
As stars align to guide the flight.

Just as he finished typing, the soft murmur returned, this time a little clearer. “He’s always by the tree, lost in his own world,” one voice said, filled with a hint of admiration.

“Yeah, it’s like he’s not even aware of how special he is,” the other responded.

Jimin’s brow furrowed in confusion. Who were they talking about? He felt a strange mix of emotions—a sense of being both an observer and the subject of their conversation. It was unnerving yet oddly exhilarating.

Taking a deep breath, he decided to disregard the whispers for the moment, focusing on the tranquility around him. But he couldn’t shake the feeling that someone was nearby, watching him or perhaps drawn to the same energy he felt under the tree.

With the gentle breeze carrying the last remnants of the day, he closed his eyes again, allowing the night to envelop him. His heart was still racing, the feeling of being observed lingering at the edges of his mind. Little did he know that Jungkook and his friends were just a few yards away, witnessing the magic of the poet they had come to admire.

As Jimin allowed his thoughts to drift, he began to dream of the possibilities that lay ahead. Maybe, just maybe, the night held more than just inspiration for his poems. It held the potential for something greater—something he could never have anticipated.