Chapter 21

Izzy

The excitement hits me as soon as I step into the boutique, and I can't believe how much my life has changed in such a short time. I'm getting married. Me. It feels surreal even now, but I want this wedding to happen fast. Why wait when you've found the one, right? Conrad's everything I never thought I'd find, and I want to marry him as soon as possible.

That's why we're here, in this fancy bridal boutique in the heart of downtown, looking for the dress. The place is all elegance and luxury—rows of white and champagne-colored gowns hanging like delicate works of art, the scent of fresh flowers and expensive perfume lingering in the air. I glance around, taking it all in, feeling a rush of excitement. JJ, Desmond, Martina, and Lukas are all here with me, my crew. If anyone is going to help me pick out the perfect dress, it's these stylish queens. Well, maybe not Lukas—he's more of a "that looks fine" kind of guy, but his honesty is exactly what I need.

My wedding consultant, a sharp-eyed woman in sleek black, introduces herself with a smile and starts asking me questions. The truth is, I have no idea what kind of dress I want. Boho chic? Glamorous? Something sexy and modern? I can already feel JJ's judgment if I go too traditional. But that's why I brought them along—to have some fun and find the dress that screams "Izzy."

As we browse through racks of lace, tulle, and satin, I glance at JJ. He's usually the life of the party, but today, he's quiet, almost distant. Something's off. "You okay?" I ask him, nudging his arm. He snaps out of it, flashing me a quick smile.

"I'm fine," he says, a little too quickly. His eyes dart back to the dresses, but I know JJ. Something's on his mind.

I pull Martina aside, lowering my voice. "What's going on with JJ? He's been weird all morning."

Martina gives me a knowing look, her lips pursing for a second before she leans in. "Don't stress about it right now. Let's just enjoy today. He'll be fine. This is your moment."

I nod, though part of me is still worried about him. But Martina's right—today's about finding the dress. The moment I step into the one, I'll know. Or at least I hope so.

The consultant pulls out a few options, each one more stunning than the last, and the excitement starts bubbling up again. I may not know what I want just yet, but with these people by my side, I know today is going to be something special.

The consultant starts with the usual big questions: Where's the wedding? What's your vision for the big day? I smile, already knowing exactly what I want.

"I'm thinking something simple and on the beach," I explain. "You know, mixing my fiance's free-spirited vibe with a touch of glamour." My words flow out easily, and I can already picture the soft sunset, barefoot on the sand, delicate fairy lights twinkling above. It's all coming together in my head.

The consultant nods with enthusiasm, clearly understanding the assignment. "That sounds beautiful! I've got some gowns that will be perfect for that theme."

She disappears for a moment, leaving me with the group. JJ leans back in his chair, still looking distant. I catch his eye again and he gives me a half-hearted smile. Something is definitely off, but I won't push him right now.

Martina, always the voice of reason, leans over and whispers, "Don't let JJ's mood throw you. Today's about you. He'll come around." I nod, appreciating her reminder. It's hard for me to fully focus when I know something's wrong with him.

As the consultant returns with a rack of dresses, Desmond lights up. "Oh girl, if one of these doesn't scream 'I do,' I don't know what will," he says, laughing as he playfully fans himself.