Final Lair

I spotted what I could use, moving away from Christine, I grabbed one of the candle holders and headed to the covered mirrors. Moving the curtain away, I smashed the mirror with such force, that the pieces fell to the floor. Grabbing the largest piece off the floor, I look back, all three of them are looking at me. 

"I said enough! I'm in charge now! You all are going to shut up and listen to me! And if you don't... Well, then none of you will have me." I say placing the shard up to my neck.

They all look worried. I'm not really going to kill myself, but I'm glad to see the intent is working. Now I have their attention.  I start with Christine.

"I told you I loved Erik. I told you, he would never hurt me. All I asked, was that you let me have the same love experience that you and Raoul have. I have longed to have someone love me like Raoul loves you. If you would've tried a little harder to stop Raoul and have him listen. I think we would still be up in the Opera house performing and having the best time of our lives.

Raoul, if only you would've taken the time to listen to Christine and me. I wanted to explain everything to you as I did to Christine. What Erik and I have is special. The same special you and my sister have. I can't wait to see you two married and living in a grand house with your children. Who knows, maybe we can all live together in the large house. That way, we can always be there for each other. It would be a dream for me. 

Erik. I told you over and over. I love you for who you are. They both love and want to protect me like you do. We all have to start working together if we want to protect the ones we love. I can't wait for us to get married. Of course, we will have children, but I want to live with you first. Make more memories of you and me before we add another to our family."

Taking a couple of breaths, I let all of that sink for a couple of minutes. They all look sad, but their eyes show understanding. 

"If you all can put past everything and are willing to start anew. We can leave here to go look for a house. Get everything that we need to sustain ourselves till the Opera Populaire is rebuilt. Raoul and Erik. You can be the owners. Christine and I can perform together like we dreamed. It will be more grand than ever before." 

I toss the glass aside. Christine rushed over to me with tears streaming down her face and embraced me in the tightest hug. Raoul soon joins in the hug. After a while, we all let go. I see Erik still in the water looking down. Reflecting from the light, I see the tears from his eyes fall into the water. Leaving the embrace of Raoul and Christine, I walk over to my lover.

Pitiful creature  of darkness

What kind of life

Have you known

God give me courage 

To show you

You are not alone

Placing my hands on his face, I bring my lips to his. The salty taste of our tears mixes. I feel his hands wrap around my waist and he pulls me closer. Pausing the kiss to breathe, I finally see my Erik back.

"I'm so sorry my Angel. I would love to live the dream you have seen in your mind. I want to experience the world with you. Once the paperwork for the Opera house is in order, will start construction of the new house at once." Erik says. 

2 years later

The applause thunders through the theater. Bowing to the crowd, roses are tossed onto the stage. Once the curtain closes, I start heading over to the gala to see my family. Christine and Raoul playing with their son Gustave, after our father, and their daughter Violet. I also see my son, Luke playing with them as well. Raoul and Christine are the only ones who know I am pregnant with my second child. I haven't made a plan of how I am going to tell Erik. Speaking of him, where is he? I look around and I don't see him.

"Momma!" My son yells

I look back over to them and see him walking towards me. I kneel to embrace him. Christing and Raoul come over with their children. 

"You sang like an Angel tonight. Like you do every time you sing." Christine praises. 

"Thank you, sister. Where is Erik? I must tell him the news."

"He is waiting for you in your dressing room. Christine I and I will watch Luke for you." Raoul says

"Thank you both. I'll head that way. Have a great time at the gala!" 

Giving my son one last kiss, I hand him over to my sister and head down to my dressing room. What could he be doing in there?

Walking through the halls of the Populaire, everything looks as it did before. Construction took a year to complete. We are coming into the 3rd year of running shows again. Madame Giry came back to teach the ballerinas along with Med and Monsieur Reyer came back to teach the orchestra. 

Finally, I spot the doors of my dressing room. Although, once inside Erik is not there. The room is filled with roses and candles. 

"Erik, where are you?" I call out

Suddenly the candles are blown out. I'm starting to get deja vu. 

I am your Angel of Music

Come to me Angel of Music

Walking over to the mirror, the glass pulls away and I am met with the face of my husband.

"You sang so beautifully my Angel.  A perfect present from you for our anniversary." Erik said as he embraced me. 

"I have another gift for you my dear. Luke is going to be a big brother." I say

Erik looks at me with such joy and brings me into a kiss. Once we pull away, Erik takes my hand and leads me through the mirror, heading down to the lair.

"To celebrate all the good things today, I have prepared a romantic evening with food, music, and candlelight" Erik explained. I couldn't help but giggle as we made our way down.

That night was one of the best nights ever. My dream came true.