Poor Fool

"Don't mess this up for me, little toad. You may have stolen yesterday's production from me, but you will not take this one from me." Carlotta sneered

I just ignored her and got into position next to her behind our curtain and prayed that this show will be over quickly. If I have to deal with her more than this show is supposed to be, it will not pretty. Maybe after the show, Erik can bring me down to the lair and we can sing together. I wonder if he knows about the manager's choice to cast Carlotta.

With the curtain rising, the three extras say their lines about the Countess having an affair and the curtain in front of me and Carlotta raise. Our faces are hidden by the fan Carlotta is holding, making it seem like we were kissing. She gave me nasty looks before she put the fan down. She can be a diva all she wants, I am going to have fun and do my part.

Serafimo, your disguise is perfect

Acting proud of myself for putting on a genius disguise, I smirk. Suddenly, a knocking sound played.

Why, who can this be?

Gentle wife, admit your loving husband

Acting surprised, Carlotta, runs over to the couch with the extras and Meg, while I pretend to be a maid and clean around the bedroom. When Piangi comes over to me I have to shake my bottom at the audience. Thank goodness I face away from them because it's embarrassing.

My love, I am called to

England on affairs of State

And must leave you

With your new maid

The audience can't help but laugh at what's happening on stage.

"Though I would happily take the maid with me." Piangi said

"The old fool is leaving!" Carlotta said behind her fan.

Piangi walks off stage and it's time to throw off my maid disguise.

Serafimo, away with this pretense!

You cannot speak, but kiss me

In my husband's absence!

Poor fool, he doesn't know!

Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho

Ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho-ho

If he knew the truth

He'd never, ever go

"Did I not instruct, that Box Five was to be kept empty?"

The orchestra stopped playing, and the audience and the cast members gasped. Everyone looked up towards the higher level by the chandelier to see Erik.

"He's here. The Phantom of the Opera." Meg said

"It's him." I whisper 'What is Erik doing?' I think to myself

"Your part is silent, little toad!" Carlotta says to me, then walks away laughing.

I ignore her and look up at my Angel once again, faintly catching his response.

"A toad madame. Perhaps it is you, who are the toad."

Carlotta walks to the side of the stage to get her voice spray. Then comes back and speaks to Monsieur Reyer. "Maestro, da capo, per favore!"

Serafimo, away with this pretense

You cannot speak, but kiss me

In my uhh!