Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again

'I am so mad at Raoul, that I can't seem to fall asleep. Raoul completely ignored Christine and forbade me from seeing my Angel. Who does he think he is to go ordering me around?! Sure he is going to marry my sister and become my brother-in-law, but that does not make him my father! Nor does it give him the right to control my life! He moved Christine's bed into my room which I was against but was ignored, and to make things worse, he is outside our door "protecting us". I have to get out for a while. I feel like I'm locked up in a cage. I am going to see Father.'

Slipping out of my bed, I grab a pouch of money and a blanket. Thank God that Christine was always the heavy sleeper. Walking over to the door, I turn the knob slowly so that it doesn't alert Raoul.

'How are you supposed to "protect us", if you're sleeping? Oh well.' I think to myself.

I quietly walk down the stairs and head over to the stables, where I meet one of the coachmen.

"Monsieur?"

"Were to, mademoiselle?" he asks

"The cemetery," I say handing him the small pouch.

Walking back inside for a moment, I go to the costumes rack and borrow a black cloak to use. Turning to head back to the stables, there is a bouquet of red roses on the railing. 'Father would like those, especially since I haven't been able to visit his grave in a while.' I wear the cloak and grab the rose, heading to the carriage. The man is already waiting for me.

"To my Father's grave please," I say

The coachmen nodded at me and we are off. The long, silent ride to Father's grave. Raoul and Christine are most likely going to be mad that I suck out without them, but I need some time away from them. Feeling sad about this whole situation, I decide to go down memory lane when I first met my Angel of Music. That night he vowed to protect me and declared himself the Angel my father promised me. Then with the voice lessons at different spots in the Opera House. How my heart would flutter when I would spot his letting in my room. The night I got to sing on stage for the first time, that night meeting my Angel of Music will be my happiest memory. Then when we declared our love on the roof, and then the ring.

Looking down at the ring on my finger, I can't help but feel lonely without Erik. Knowing that he was always in the shadows watching over me, brought me a sense of comfort. Now, I don't feel his gaze upon me as I once did. I could always sense him when I would sing. Now noticing how quiet this ride has been, why not sing a quiet tune?

In sleep, he sang to me

In dreams, he came

That voice which

Calls to me

And speaks my name

The tune I sang when I learned that my Angel of Music was a man, who hides in the shadows of the Opera House. Breaking from my thoughts, I feel the carriage come to a stop. I hop out and thank the driver. He nodded at me again and led the carriage away, probably to turn it around and be ready to take me back.

Walking through the iron gates of the cemetery, I still feel the sadness wallowing in my heart. If only Father were here and could guide me through what to do.

"Little Angel thought of everything and nothing. Her father promised her that he would send her the Angel of Music. Her father promised her. Her father promised her." I said walking further into the cemetery.

You were once

My one companion

You were all that mattered