Chapter 40

The morning light filters through the large glass windows of your secluded loch-side home, casting a soft, golden glow across the sleek kitchen. The smell of freshly brewed coffee and sizzling bacon fills the air, mingling with the distant sounds of the children playing in the living room, their laughter echoing through the open-plan space.

You stand between Severus and Lucius at the kitchen counter, preparing breakfast together in a familiar, synchronized dance. Severus is silent, his sharp focus on whisking eggs with precise, almost aggressive strokes. His dark eyes occasionally flicker toward you, lingering, but there's a tension in his shoulders that betrays his calm exterior.

Lucius, on the other hand, stands beside you, his short platinum blonde hair catching the morning light. He is closer, his hand occasionally brushing yours as he prepares toast, offering a reassuring touch—a silent reminder of the agreement you've all made, though the weight of it presses on the room like a thick fog.

In the living room, Stevie and Charlie giggle as they chase each other around the large, floppy-eared Samsam, their giant Flemish rabbit, while Baron babbles happily in his playpen. Their laughter is the only thing breaking the palpable tension in the kitchen.

"Little bird," Lucius murmurs under his breath, his voice a low hum as he leans into you, his lips brushing against your ear in a way that makes your skin tingle. "You look absolutely ravishing this morning." His hand briefly caresses your lower back, a familiar warmth that sends a shiver up your spine.

Severus tightens his grip on the whisk, eyes narrowing as he watches Lucius's fingers linger on you for just a second too long. The tension between them is unspoken but impossible to ignore.

"I trust everything is to your liking, Lucius?" Severus's voice is smooth, controlled, but there's an edge to it—a quiet storm brewing beneath the surface.

Lucius smirks, as though the tension only amuses him. "It always is, Severus."

You can feel the charged atmosphere shifting as you glance between them, biting your lip. The arrangement between the three of you has been carefully maintained, a delicate balance of love, dominance, and shared desires. But with the decision to conceive Lucius's child looming only days away, it has disrupted that balance. You know Severus agreed, but his stoicism can't hide the complexity of his feelings, especially now.

As you reach for the coffee pot, Severus catches your wrist, his grip firm yet gentle, his dark eyes searching yours. "You're quiet this morning," he murmurs, his tone softer now, but still laced with that tension. His fingers slide down your wrist, tracing the pulse point, as though grounding himself in your touch.

Before you can respond, Lucius steps closer, his hand resting possessively on your hip. "She's just thinking about what's to come," he says smoothly, his gaze meeting Severus's. "A new chapter for us, wouldn't you agree?"

Severus's jaw clenches, and for a brief moment, the room feels charged with something almost electric. You swallow, aware of the tension bubbling just beneath the surface between your two partners. You lean back into Lucius, feeling his warmth, but your gaze remains fixed on Severus.

"I know this isn't easy," you say softly, your voice barely above a whisper, but in the silence of the room, it feels louder. "But we agreed—"

"I know," Severus cuts in, his voice a low rumble. He releases your wrist and steps back, returning his attention to the stove. "I'm fine."

But you can feel that he's not fine. His movements are stiff, and there's a heaviness in the air that wasn't there before. You glance at Lucius, who offers a small, knowing smile as though he relishes this moment of control. His hand tightens on your hip in a silent gesture of possession.