Chapter 29

Two days before the start of the school year, the corridors of Hogwarts were quieter than usual, but there was a sense of anticipation in the air.

You walked through the familiar halls, heading to the potions stock room to organize supplies. Orion trotted faithfully at your side, his presence a comforting one.

With Simon & Garfunkel's "Mrs. Robinson'" playing softly through your kitty headphones, you became absorbed in your task, stacking potion ingredients and humming along to the music. Suddenly, you felt a wet nose nudge your hand. Looking down, you saw Orion's alert expression and quickly took off your headphones.

Turning around, you saw a tall, handsome young man with sandy blonde hair and warm, friendly eyes standing at the door, holding a stack of books. He flashed a charming smile as he stepped into the room.

"Hello," he said, his voice smooth and pleasant. "I hope I'm not interrupting. I'm Julian Lockwood, the new Muggle Studies professor. I saw you at the staff meeting but I didn't get a chance to introduce myself."

You returned his smile, feeling immediately at ease. "Not at all, Professor Lockwood. It's lovely to finally meet you. Welcome to Hogwarts. I'm the Potions Mistress, Y/N Snape."

"Please, call me Julian," he replied, setting down his books. "I couldn't help but notice you were listening to Simon & Garfunkel. I'm a big fan of Muggle music myself."

Your eyes lit up with excitement. "Really? That's wonderful! I've always had a soft spot for Muggle music. It's so different from what we usually hear in our world. Honestly, I enjoy muggles endlessly, especially their art, literature, music."

Julian nodded enthusiastically. "I feel the same way about it. There's something so raw and emotional about it. Do you have a favorite genre or artist?"

You thought for a moment, smiling. "I enjoy a bit of everything, but I'm particularly fond of classic rock and soul music. However, I've recently become enthralled by a heavy metal band called Type O Negative. I'm going to see them next week."

Julian's eyes widened with interest. "Type O Negative? That's unexpected! They have such a unique sound. I'm impressed, Y/N. I didn't peg you for a heavy metal fan."

You laughed softly, feeling more at ease. "Well, they have a certain... intensity that I find captivating. Plus, it's a great way to unwind after a long day."

Julian chuckled. "I completely understand. There's nothing like good music to help you relax. If you ever need company for a concert, let me know. I'd love to join you. It's hard to find witches who are open to going to muggle concerts."

Before you could respond, Severus entered the room, his expression one of curiosity mixed with a hint of protectiveness. "I see you've met Julian, our new Muggle Studies professor," Severus said, extending a hand to Julian.

Julian shook his hand firmly. "Yes, we've just met. Nice to see you again, Headmaster."

Severus nodded, then noticed Lucius entering the room, his expression one of polite curiosity. "Lucius Malfoy," Lucius said, extending his hand. "A pleasure to meet you."

"Julian Lockwood," Julian replied with a warm smile. "Very nice to meet you, Mr. Malfoy."

Lucius returned the smile, though his eyes flickered with a hint of curiosity. "Welcome to Hogwarts, Professor Lockwood. I'm sure you'll find it satisfactory."

As Julian gathered his books and prepared to leave, he turned back to you with a grin. "It was great meeting you, Y/N. I'm looking forward to our music chats. And remember, if you need company for that concert, I'm just a spell away."