Chapter 11

After the month of March has ended, Doug is setting his plan into motion by getting close to one of Maddie's friends Chimney and took notice that Maddie's brother Buck lives with her and Stef. Sure, it makes it more troublesome but easier at the same time to get his revenge.

Smirking darkly, Doug pulls up to Stef's school and decides to make his presence known to only the girl. Noticing it's recess time, Doug spots Stef who is coming out of the school. Standing at the fence, Doug turns the smirk into a smile before calling Stef's full name. Upon hearing it, Stef turns to him in fear before walking over slowly.

"Hello, Stef. Longtime no see." Doug greets as Stef frowns, "Now, can you tell me why you and Maddie left without telling me?"

Watching Stef tremble hearing the anger in his voice, Stef's brown eyes fill with tears but the tiny girl holds them back.

"So, I made a friend that Maddie knows, and his name is Chimney Han." Hearing Stef's gulp in worry, Doug smiles, "You can tell Maddie of our visit, but she won't believe you, Stef. She's too caught up in her own world to care."

"You're wrong!" Stef speaks in an angry tone, "Mommy would and will. I hate you!" Stef sniffles.

"Oh really? What about all the moments you misbehaved? Remember, I was the one that had to punish you." Doug snaps harshly.

"That's because you like to hit mommy and I." Stef glares.

"Let's see, when the family is back together, should I punish you and Maddie or just kill you both?"

"Kill us." Stef threatens, "That way we won't have to see you for long."

"Shut your mouth, Stef. You are such an ungrateful bitch!" Doug roars before earning himself a teacher's attention.

"Who are you?" The on-duty teacher asks walking over.

"Please call my mommy." Stef begs with a whimper in her voice as her voice shakes, "I need her."

"Sir," The teacher nods before looking at Doug as he walks back to the car. The damage is done, and the plan is in motion.

***

Arriving to Stef's school, Maddie rushes inside in worry. Jogging into the office, Maddie greets the office manager, who takes her inside one of the offices where Stef is waiting. Seeing her daughter panicking and sobbing, Maddie immediately closes the door before kneeling in front of Stef.

"Stef? It's me. It's mommy." Maddie speaks softly before waiting for Stef to acknowledge her arrival. As Stef slowly looks up to make eye contact, Stef chokes on her tears before tackling Maddie with a very tight embrace, "What is causing this, honey?"

"Doug is here." Stef whimpers into Maddie's neck, "He's here, mommy."

"Let me call Buck and Athena." Maddie whispers in fear before calling Buck immediately.

"You believe me, mommy?" Stef sighs, "He said you wouldn't."

"I believe you, sweetheart. You never lie or cause fear." Maddie reassures her little girl just before Buck picks up.

"Maddie? Is everything okay?" Maddie hears Buck's confused yet calm voice sooth her.

"He's back. He's here in L.A., Buck. He threatened Stef and we are terrified." Maddie states still in shock and fear.

"Doug's here? Call Athena, Mads. Bobby told me she is off and then ask her to take you both to her place. When our shift is done, or the boss man tells me to get the rest of the day off – I will come get you both." Buck gasps before ranting under worry, "Do not go out alone or just the two of you."