We attack

Delilah's POV

Delilah's POV

Shirley came to wake me up at 3:40 in the morning so that I had some time to prepare. Since I took a nap yesterday,waking up wasn't too hard. I took a quick shower and put on my black leather jacket with black joggings and combat boots.

I actually modified the leather jacket so that it was perfect for fighting. It's flexible at the armpit level so that it doesn't slow down any arm movements. There's a bunch of long pockets in front of my waist where I can put my daggers.

I fastened my boots tightly and gave them a quick kick before taking my bag. I had undone my braids yesterday and I had done some cornrows tied in a bun so that I wouldn't be noticed like Shirley asked.

When I left my room I immediately saw Shirley and Isaiah waiting outside both cape's and hood's on. Shirley gave me a nod before we started to head off in silence.

We stopped once again at the limit of the town before Shirley formed a portal. Isaiah held her hand to help with it and it slowly opened revealing our hiding place.

Shirley turned to Isaiah.

"You first we're following."
She said as he nodded and entered the portal.

We all bent down behind some bushes. A camp was in front of us in a clearing. A fire was bustling with life and chatter around it. Slow whispers were exchanged in the warm of the summer night.

We weren't moving even from an inch as our eyes were focused on what was in front of us. Slowly the volume of the voice seemed to lower and the fire was almost out. And when the last ashes flew in the air Shirley gave us the signal. 

We slowly made our way into clearing and stood next to the dying fire when Shirley started.

"Hymnus ignis." She said as the look in her eyes darkened violently. A thunder bolt lit the sky as it hit the camp setting it under raging flames.

Screams were heard and a sinister smile took place on Shirley's face. Rapidly some men gathered around us to trap us. We all took out our swords and formed a triangle to protect ourselves.
Shirley spoke up in a tone I honestly never wanted to hear again.

"You may have the brilliant idea of trying to escape but let me let you down gently. You're dead meat either way so I advise you to stay and assume your actions."

None of them moved even from an inch but their whole body started to shake.

Swiftly Shirley jumped on a first man not even hesitating to cut off his head wich rolled down on the floor. I would've had some pity if I didn't know what was their intentions.

In a scream they all started to attack us.

Shirley's crazy. She almost flied over them ! But right now that shouldn't be my priority. I have to focus.