On the road we go

Shirley's POV

Shirley's POV

We all finished dinner smoothly and when we were done Delilah stayed with Noemie in the kitchen to help with the dishes. I sat down with Tyrone to talk and watch the sea with my head resting on a pillar.

"I'm gonna miss you while I'm gone." I said to him bumping his shoulder.

He laughed a little before bumping my shoulder too.

"Yeah I'm gonna miss your freaky ass too."

And we sat there just watching the wave crashing against the shore.

Delilah's POV

I decided to clean the dishes with Noemie since Tyrone and Shirley needed time to spend their time together before we said goodbye.

"So, how is it to share a house with Shirley ?" Noemie asked suddenly.

"It's great. She's not a bad roommate and she's the one cooking so it's even better."

"You're sure she isn't always grumpy ?" She asked laughing softly.

"Nope. Except when she hasn't got her coffee yet." I replied starting to laugh too.

We laughed a little and got back to the dishes.

"Hey I have to ask you another question." She said.

"Yeah ?"

"Do you see yourself getting out with her ?"

I blinked at her question before answering.

"I'm not sure... I mean she's amazing don't get me wrong but we're definitely not from the same rank. It may seems that it's something that I shouldn't care about but I think you know that with her it's gonna be a problem. I even think the King is pressuring her about it." I said drying my hands on a towel.

She nodded also drying her hands.

"Well your right about one thing, the King is pressuring her,he proposed to Shirley many possible mates but every times she refused because she wanted to find one alone. He thinks that she should mate with royalty but Shirley always thought that she shouldn't. But maybe he finally got to her ?"

She said making a pause.

"Anyway maybe she already has her eyes on you but something is definitely holding her back but I guess you're the one who should find out."

She finished nudging my shoulder as I responded with a smile. It wasn't long after that when Shirley decided we had to go. She hugged both her friends before we took our horse and started to ride back to our house. Since I had borrowed one of Tyrone's horses I had to share Shirley's with her on the ride back.

I sat in front of Shirley so she was holding the reigns while passing her arms under mine. I insisted that I should do it but she said no. I was so worn out that I didn't even notice when I started to fall asleep.

Shirley's POV

I felt Delilah growing heavy in my arms and understood that she was asleep. I passed the reigns to my right hand and held her closer to me with my left one. We rode back without trouble and arrived safety. When we arrived in front of our gate I slowly woke Delilah up after getting off the horse but still holding her.

"Hey Delilah ?" I asked softly,she responded with an half asleep hum.
"Do you want me to help you down or I'll have to carry you inside ?" I asked still with a gentle tone.

She had her eyes still half closed while she reached for her bag behind her but looked surprised when she didn't find it.

"I got your bag Delilah, what's your answer ?"

She didn't answer but she gave me her arm for me to take and I held her waist to help her down slowly without startling her. I held her close while we made our way inside.

I dropped her in the couch dropped her bag. I made my way upstairs to prepare myself to go. I charge into my real cape and put on a black outfit underneath. I would've liked to put on a corset but I needed to be more comfortable than that. I had on a black top with black leather pants. I took my sword along with daggers that I hid in my boots. I packed a bag with a few more things and decided that I woul create a direct portal chain to my bedroom so that we didn't need to bring too much clothes.

I took my staff along with my bag and got back downstairs to tell Delilah that she needed to go pack too. I slowly woke her up and she made her way upstairs. I told her to only pack some weapons and only what was necessary. She didn't take long and got back downstairs with her bag on her shoulder. But when she got back downstairs I heard a noise outside the house. Probably some assassins that are here to make sure we don't compromise their mission.

"Hey Shirley I-" Delilah started to say but I cut her off by putting my hand over her mouth,closing the space between her and me.

"Listen closely to what I'm about to say Delilah and don't make a sound." I said slowly removing my hand from her mouth. I bent down near her ear making her breath hitch.

"I won't do anything Delilah. We both know my rank won't make you happy in any way." She tried to protest but I cut her off. "I'm sorry for leading you on,but now it's the least of our concerns. Outside there is some assassins probably here to make sure we don't compromise their mission so we will portal to the nearest forest. But we need to make them think that we're just going to bed so follow me." She nodded and we both got upstairs while she held my hand and when we entered my room I created a portal just beneath our feet. I helped her so that she landed softly too and we immediately started to run trough the woods.

We ran until the lights of the city seemed like little dots. I know Delilah is a student in the botanic department but she still has the basics of being a mage so this shouldn't have been a problem. She seemed fine when I turned,she was just panting a little but that's it.

But for now I guess we should camp here tonight.

Word count: 1060

💙Laughing dragon

💙Laughing dragon