Chapter 10

Far down in the fireplace, the soup is starting to boil over. With that said, the prince bolts out of the Dwarfs' beds and runs downstairs to the boiling pot in the fireplace. He carefully removes the lid, takes a spoonful of soup and tastes it. The Warriors, seeing Kurt run so fast, gather at the top of the stairs and take a whiff. They see now it's not witch's brew, as Grumpy thought, but some very good smelling soup, as they think.

Dwarfs: Ah...soup! Hurray!

The Dwarfs all run down the stairs. All that is, except Dopey, whose head is stuck in the railing. As he tries to unstuck himself, the others run like thunder around the table, which is already set with a bread basket complete with rolls. The dwarfs, minus Dopey, each grabs one

Grumpy: Hey, you got my plate!

Dopey's head eventually bursts out. But before the former gets a chance to speak, the silent dwarf runs down the stairs, tripping on his coat for a moment. As soon as he gets to the table, the others are already fighting over the bread.

Kurt: Uh-uh-uh. Just a minute. (The moment Kurt speaks, the clamor stops and everyone at the table turns to look at the prince) Supper's not quite ready. You'll just have time to wash.

All: Wash? Wash? Wash? Wash? Wash?

They all look at each other, obviously not familiar with the concept. Grumpy, however, just frowns toward Kurt for a moment

Grumpy: Hah! Knew there was a catch to it.

He throws down his spoon and crosses his arms. Meanwhile, the Dwarfs are yet confused as to why they have to wash.

Bashful: Why wash?

Happy: What for? We ain't going nowhere.

Doc: 'Tain't New Year's.

Kurt: Oh, perhaps you have washed.

Doc: Perhaps we... Yes! Perhaps we have.

Kurt: (unconvinced) But when?

Doc: When? When. You said whe... Why, last week, month...year...why, uh, recently.

Dwarfs: Yes, recently.

Kurt: Oh, recently. Let me see your hands. (The Dwarfs, surprised at this statement, put their hands behind their backs and slowly back towards the wall. Kurt, however, is not about to let their potentially filthy hands slide by him)
Let me see your hands. (The first is Doc, who shows her dirty hands, knowing it's no use trying to cover up the truth) Why, Doc, I'm surprised.(Doc puts his hands back behind him, chuckling hesitantly. Then Kurt turns to Bashful) C'mon, let's see them. (Bashful shows his hands, which are just as dirty as Doc's. After the prince sees them, he blushes again) Oh, Bashful. My, my, my. (to Sneezy) And you? (Sneezy shows his hands, also very dirty. Kurt clicks his tongue disapprovingly, and Happy tries to clean his hands by rubbing them on his clothes, but this does not work) Oh, worse than I thought. (Dopey equally dirty hands show, but only for a moment before his sleeves drape over them. The next is Sleepy, who also puts his dirty hands through his pockets) (gasping) How shocking. (clicks his tongue again) Goodness me, this will never do.
(Grumpy, though not lined up like the others, looks at his hand, but doesn't seem to care whether or not it is dirty and crosses his arms) March straight outside and wash, or you'll not get a bite to eat.

The Dwarfs start to file out the door, knowing they have to eat or live, nor is it any use arguing with the prince. Ringo, as usual, is last in line, yet showing off his sleeve-covered hands. Unfortunately, he fails to look where he's going and runs smack into the pantry, where several pots and fans fall on him. Then Dopey runs out the door, surprisingly unharmed. Grumpy, however, just frowns out the door, disgusted at how easily his roommates have succumbed to Kurt's charms

Grumpy: Heh!

Then Grumpy turns around and sees the prince looking down on him.

Kurt: Well? Aren't you going to wash? (Grumpy says nothing and turns away, obviously not letting anything do with teenagers, especially not ones like coming into his house and telling him what to do like he is his father) What's the matter, cat got your tongue? (Grumpy gets serious by Kurt's remark, and sticks his tongue out at her to show that it's yet in his mouth. Then he storms, but like Dopey before him, he does not look where he's going and hits his nose on the door. Kurt laughs at this.) Aw, did you hurt yourself?

Grumpy simply scoffs and slips his hat back on. Then he storms out the door, locking it behind him and sits on a barrel. Then he puts a piece of his wheat in his mouth and smoke on it.

Grumpy: Hah, teenagers!

Doc: (off-screen) Courage, men, courage. Don't be nervous.