Chapter 12

BOC DEPARTMENT

The tension inside the dimly lit, soundproof room was palpable

The tension inside the dimly lit, soundproof room was palpable. Chief Kang, Ahn Bohan, and Taecyeon huddled around a sleek, dark table. The room's only source of light was the glow of a few strategically placed lamps, casting long shadows across their faces as they leaned in to finalize their plan.

Chief Kang, smugly sipping his whiskey, leaned back and said, "We've finally done it. Minho, Jiwoon, Yeojun, and Jackson think they're in control, but they've fallen into our trap. The moment Bangtan is cornered, it's over for them."

Ahn Bohan's lips curled into a satisfied grin. "They were the BOC's best officers, but their loyalty blinded them. Now they're nothing but pawns. Once we use them to take down Bangtan, there's no one left to stop us."

Taecyeon, always the cautious one, added, "And when they're out of the way, Chief Lee will be next. Kang, you'll step into his shoes, and we'll rule this department. No more looking over our shoulders."

Chief Kang nodded slowly, his eyes gleaming with ambition. "Yes, and no one will ever suspect us. We'll get rid of Minho and his team, make Bangtan the scapegoat, and take everything. This city will finally be under our control."

What they didn't realize was that someone was lurking nearby—someone who had been listening to every word. Hidden behind a stack of boxes in the adjacent storage room, Leo, a former ally of Bangtan, was recording the entire conversation on his phone. His heart raced as he realized the enormity of the conspiracy.

"They're going to kill Minho and his team... and frame Bangtan," Leo whispered to himself, clenching his fists. "I have to warn them."

He moved quietly, inching his way toward the exit, careful not to make a sound. As the conversation inside the room continued, Leo's resolve grew stronger.

Chief Kang leaned forward, his voice low but filled with malice. "Once Bangtan falls, we'll eliminate anyone who stands in our way. No loose ends. No survivors."

Ahn Bohan chuckled darkly. "Chief Lee will never see it coming. We'll make it look like an accident. By the time anyone realizes what's happened, it'll be too late."

Taecyeon smirked. "And with us in control, this city will bow to our will."

Leo's mind raced as he slipped out of the room undetected. He knew the danger he was in, but there was no turning back now. He had recorded everything. As he stepped into the alley outside, he made a silent vow.

"I'll help Bangtan, no matter what happens," he whispered, slipping the phone into his pocket. "They have to know the truth."

The cold night air bit at his skin as he disappeared into the shadows, his heart pounding with urgency. He had to get this recording to Bangtan before it was too late. The game had changed, and the stakes were higher than ever.