Chapter 16

The sterile hospital corridor was eerily silent, with only the faint echo of footsteps and the steady hum of machines from the operation theater breaking the stillness

The sterile hospital corridor was eerily silent, with only the faint echo of footsteps and the steady hum of machines from the operation theater breaking the stillness. Mr. Haesung paced nervously back and forth, his face pale and lined with worry. He had been waiting for hours, and each passing minute felt like an eternity. His heart pounded, anxiety gnawing at him as he glanced at the closed double doors of the operating room.

Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook stood nearby, watching Mr. Haesung with unreadable expressions. Their presence, though silent, was powerful, as if they were guarding a secret known only to them. The tension in the air was palpable.

Suddenly, the doors of the operating room swung open. A doctor, still wearing her scrubs and mask, stepped out. Mr. Haesung rushed to her, his breath catching in his throat.

Doctor: "The operation was successful," she said with a reassuring smile. "The patient is stable, and we expect a full recovery."

Relief washed over Mr. Haesung, and he let out a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding. "Thank you, doctor. Thank you so much," he whispered, his voice trembling with gratitude.

The doctor nodded and glanced briefly at the three men standing behind Mr. Haesung. "You should also thank them," she said, gesturing toward Taehyung, Jimin, and Jungkook. "Their support was crucial."

Mr. Haesung turned to them, confusion mingling with gratitude. Before he could speak, Taehyung stepped forward, his expression cold but firm. Without a word, he handed a thick envelope to Mr. Haesung, filled with money.

Taehyung: "This should cover everything. Remember, not a word to Sarang," Taehyung said in a low, commanding tone, his eyes darkening with warning. "You owe her peace. Don't ruin it."

Mr. Haesung hesitated for a moment, clutching the envelope tightly in his hands. His eyes flickered with both fear and curiosity. "Why are you doing this? What's your connection to Sarang?"

Taehyung didn't miss a beat. His eyes bored into Mr. Haesung's with unshakable confidence.

Taehyung: "Because I will be her future husband," he said with chilling certainty. "And her destiny."

A heavy silence followed, the weight of Taehyung's words hanging in the air like a storm cloud. Mr. Haesung's eyes widened in shock, unable to comprehend what he had just heard.

Taehyung didn't wait for a response. With a final look, he turned and walked away, his footsteps echoing down the corridor. Jimin and Jungkook followed closely behind, their presence a silent yet powerful force.

The room fell into a tense silence, the weight of Taehyung's words hanging in the air like a heavy storm cloud. Mr. Haesung stared at him in shock, unable to form a response. His thoughts raced—what did Taehyung mean? How was Sarang's future tied to this man? And why had he never known about it?