chapter 15

The atmosphere in Sarang’s living room was calm yet filled with quiet anticipation. Taehyung sat on the couch, gently cradling baby Jihan in his arms, who was fast asleep, his small chest rising and falling softly. 

While Sarang sits with Yeontan curled up on her lap, the fluffy dog is also lost in dreams sleeping peacefully, completely unaware of the buzz around him.  . The room is calm, but an undercurrent of suspense runs through it as they wait for an important call.

Jimin paced near the window, his phone in hand, eyes glancing between the time and the people around him. The tension in the room was tangible as everyone awaited an important phone call . Jungkook leaned against the wall, arms crossed, trying to play it cool, but the anticipation in the room was infectious.

Jimin’s phone suddenly buzzes, breaking the silence. He quickly answers it, his eyes darting around the room as everyone listens closely.

"Hey," Jimin greets his friend on the other end of the line. "What's the news?"

A moment of silence passes as the voice on the other side delivers the answer they’ve all been waiting for. Jimin’s face breaks into a wide smile, and he can't help but chuckle at the irony of the situation.

"You won’t believe this," Jimin says, putting the phone on speaker. "He says Sarang and Yuna can live as long as they want. And the best part? The house is right beside mine."

Yuna gasps in surprise, her eyes widening with joy. “No way! Are you serious?”

Jimin nods, grinning. "Yeah, we can shift there anytime we want. How about two days from now?”

The voice on the other end agrees, and after exchanging a few more words, Jimin cuts the call. The room instantly bursts into chatter.

"That's incredible!" Sarang exclaims, her face lighting up. "Everything is falling into place so perfectly."

Yuna's joy is palpable as she claps her hands together. "I can't believe it! A house right next to Jimin’s? This is going to be amazing!" She looks over at Sarang, her eyes glistening with excitement. "We’ll be safe, and everything will finally feel settled”. 

Jiwoon, sitting beside Yuna, leans forward with a smile. “I’ll stay with you both and help pack. There’s no way I’m letting you do all of this alone.”

Sarang beams at Jiwoon. “That would be a huge help. Thank you, Jiwoon.”

Jimin leans back, crossing his arms over his chest with a satisfied smirk. “I’ll check the house tomorrow, just to make sure everything’s good. But I promise, it’s going to be perfect.”

Taehyung, who had been quietly rocking Jihan, glances over at Jimin. “We’ll go with you. Jungkook and I can help inspect the place. Might as well make sure it’s secure.”

Jungkook, lounging lazily in a chair, gives a small nod. “Count me in. Anything for you guys . ”

“Great,” Jimin agrees, getting up from the couch and stretching. “We’ll head over tomorrow morning. After we check it out, we’ll help you guys with the move.”

Jiwoon joins them, her eyes bright with determination. “I’ll handle the kitchen. It’s going to be fun.”

Time skips 

The kitchen buzzed with activity as Jiwoon, Sarang, and Yuna worked in sync, the comforting clatter of pots and pans filling the air. The scent of simmering food wafted through the house, blending with the warm glow of the evening. Every now and then, the women exchanged soft laughs, lighthearted despite the day’s tension, as they prepared dinner for everyone.