Chapter 11

Evening at Sarang's Café

The café is winding down for the night

The café is winding down for the night. The soft clatter of dishes being cleaned and the gentle hum of conversation between the few remaining patrons fill the warm space. The glow of the overhead lights casts a cozy feel, making it the perfect place to end a long day.

Jungkook and Jiwoon sit at a table near the window, both sipping the last of their drinks. Sarang is behind the counter, wiping down the espresso machine, while the other staff prepare for closing.

Jungkook checks his watch and then looks out at the darkening sky. "I should get going, Jiwoon. If I miss the last bus, I'm stranded," he says with a half-laugh, standing up and stretching his arms.

Jiwoon remains calm, almost unfazed by the rush. She casually finishes her drink and stands up, her jacket draped loosely over her shoulders. "I leave around this time every night. It's routine for me," she says with a shrug, her tone cool and collected. "You won't see me scrambling for the bus."

Jungkook grins, slinging his bag over his shoulder. "Wish I could be that laid back. I usually drive, but..." He pauses, scratching the back of his head. "I couldn't find my driver's license this morning. Came here with Hyunsoon by bus. Tomorrow though, it's back to normal. No more chasing after buses."

Jiwoon raises an eyebrow, clearly amused. "Hyunsoon, huh? Still can't go anywhere without him?"

Jungkook chuckles. "He's just being cautious. With everything going on, it's better that way." He glances over to the counter where Sarang is finishing up with the last customer.

Jungkook approaches her, his voice soft but urgent. "Sarang, I'm heading out. Jiwoon's gonna leave with me, just so you know."

Sarang looks up, offering a gentle smile. "That's fine, Jungkook. I trust her to keep you in line," she teases lightly, but there's a warmth in her eyes as she nods toward Jiwoon. "You both stay safe, alright? And don't miss your bus."

"Will do," Jungkook replies with a grin. "I'll make sure she doesn't cause any trouble on the way out."

Jiwoon smirks, adjusting her jacket. "I'm more likely to keep you out of trouble."

Sarang chuckles softly, watching as they prepare to leave. "Take care, Jiwoon. I'll see you tomorrow?"

Jiwoon nods. "Yeah. Same time as always."

The two step outside, the door chiming softly as they exit. The cool night air hits them, and the street is quiet, illuminated by the soft glow of streetlights. Jungkook glances toward the bus stop at the end of the street.

"Looks like I'm right on time," he says, relieved. "I really can't be missing the last bus. Not in the mood to walk halfway across the city."

Jiwoon stuffs her hands into her jacket pockets, her pace steady beside him. "Walking's not so bad. Clears your head."