DAY SIX: ORIGAMI/SHOP

This takes place in early RQ, before the Orange Village was destroyed and before Crystal became Rainbow Steve.
Silly ay thing where Sabre encounters Orange Steve first and also happens to love arts and crafts tee hee

[SABRES POV]

I was folding a small piece of paper skillfully and with ease, laser focused on making the paper turtle. My concentration was broken when I heard a barrage of lightning sound. I looked up in a panic, eyes widening as I shot up, half-finished origami in hand, and snatched my blindfold off my bedside table, putting it on sloppily.
I jumped off the balcony, landing into a roll. The origami turtle was unharmed by these panicked and swift actions. I turned to see Orange Steve running out the house with a sword. I checked for mine, and smiled slightly at the fact that it was still in its sheath.

My eyes scanned the hub, before landing on the orange portal, which was open. I pushed myself forward, and ran into the portal. Orange Steve close behind me.
My yell was drowned out by the lightning that encased me as we were transported to the Orange Village. When I was able to hear and see(even though there was still a slight ringing in my ears), I stumbled forward, holding the origami turtle gently.

" Orange Steve? "
"Yeah Sabre?"
"Please, for the love of the sky people, do not tell me we are here for chores. "
"Sky people?- Well.. hopefully not! Because.. ahm... I don't see anything. So that's good!"

I groaned and walked into town, nearly tripping a few times, as I was mostly focused on finishing the origami turtle. Orange Steve asked me about it, but I stayed silent. Not wanting to ruin the surprise.
I walked into town, to see the orange Steve village in all its glory, orange Steve's running about. There were a few stalls. I rubbed the side of my head.
There was gonna be so much stuff to do for others, wasn't there.

________A time skip of a few hours, brought to you by time Steve who hasn't been created yet________

A lot of time passed, it was early morning by the time the portal opened, approximately 4 hours had passed by. I had no more tasks at that moment, having just brought some pork chops to Shy.
I decided to walk around the market place, just to take a breather. It was like doing side quests. I hummed to myself, rubbing my temple. My blindfold was loose. I would have to fix that soon. The origami turtle now lay on my shoulder, finished. I was also now out of paper... sad.

I waved at the orange Steve's I passed by, smiling. I wouldn't admit it, but occasionally I found burning the time doing tasks to be fun. It was much better than just dwelling on the fact that I couldn't remember anything from before I woke up in the forest. But hey! I would remember someday. Or not. Who knows.

I was looking at the stalls when I saw something. A stall of patterned paper, mostly for gifts. It also had construction paper. My eyes lit up as I rushed over, a smile on my face. I bounced in place as I felt the texture and quality of the paper. This was PERFECT for Origami!!
I rummaged around in my onsie pockets,  before pulling out a few gold nuggets. I then bought some paper and rushed off, excited.

I had found a secluded corner, and began making a plethora of tiny origami pieces. Some were flowers, some were paper daggers, but I made a couple animals. Especially paper pigs. For orange Steve!

_____________
618 words! Huzzah!