DAY NINETEEN: DESPERATE

AU: PEACEFUL DREAMS

Context:
They've managed to trap Shadow Sabre/Sabre and neutralize his abilities. Needless to say he is getting VERY desperate. They might even talk to their friend without knowing!

[TIMES POV]

I stare at the individual in the large iron room. A redstone signal- no- SEVERAL layers of redstone and a mix of mine, light's, and LC's energy keeping him trapped. He seems to get very aggressive and energized when still, but rarely does when given time to move around. He's been pacing- as if in a daze.

The darkness infecting him is clear, half of his body is covered in the stuff. His space suit seems to be half and half- one half a bright shimmering white that would put snow under the suns light to shame, the other a deep black- like that of the abyss. His blindfold has remained the same, but some odd markings of darkness can be seen on the side of him that is infected by darkness. We were able to separate him from the shadow sword- which is held somewhere else..

He has been ramming into the wall and clawing at the doors, screaming at us occasionally, but now.. he's just walking around aimlessly. He has been muttering things to himself..

I walk over to the glass dome above, resting my hand on the glass, before walking to the door.
He couldn't infect me when his powers were so dampened, even then I could reverse my time-state.

I opened the door, quickly closing it behind me. I could feel my powers get dampened but it didn't affect me as much, due to me being a Steve and it not being targeted towards my abilities.

His head snapped up as I walked over to him, and he smiled. I couldn't decipher if it was a malicious one or that of relief. He ran towards me, grabbing my shoulders.

"YOU. LET U- ME OUT. "
He practically growled, digging his nails into my shoulders. I kicked him back.

"Where is Sabre."

He paused, grin pulled down into a scowl.

"RIGHT HERE!! I AM SABRE!! "

"No you're not. Let him go. We will separate him. We will save him."

He smiled, then began to cackle, wrapping his arms around himself.

" BOLD OF YOU TO ASSUME HE CAN BE SAVED!! BETTER YET- IF HE EVEN WANTS TOO!! "
" OF COURSE HE WOULD WANT TO!! YOURE FORCEFULLY CONTROLLING HIS BODY! "
"At first."

...

"What?"

They clawed at their suits visor, stumbling back as they laughed- for a second- you could hear sabres voice laughing.

"HES GIVEN UP, TIME. YOU RAN OUT OF TIME AGES AG-"

He suddenly doubled over, coughing and having one hand grasping at his neck. The darkness on his face receded a bit.

"....gh...wh.."

"Sabre?-"

"time..? Time? Is that- where am I? How am I here?"

"YOURE OUT- WE FREED YOU!! "

Pure joy filled me, happy tears streamed down my face as I rushed over to him.

"Freed me? From what?"

"The.. darkness?"

"Why would I need freeing from the darkness..?"

I stepped back. Was this Sabre?

"But- void-"

"Void and the... darkness aren't the same, the darkness only wants peace.... Void is using it for chaos..
Why would I need saving from peace? Why would I want to be 'saved' if you barely noticed I was infected and thought I went haywire..?"

"I-"

"Time...listen- I can show you what it's like.. peace.. Since.. the beginning for both of us.. it's.. been.. hard. I- the darkness.. it helped. I can- we can show you."

"WE?!-"

"Me and... me and shadow.. please. I just don't want you to suffer anymore. I've seen.. how nice it is- just.. let me- show you..Let us show you.. Me and shadow..-"

"I don't- what- what do you-"

I stepped back. Away.

"PLEASE-"
He leaped forwards, but instead of attacking me, he embraced me.
I froze.

"I don't want you to suffer."

"What have they done to you- is this even you? "

"Of course it's me..- NO- "

Sabres voice shifted slightly- from that quiet entranced like tone- to his normal voice. He shoved me back.

"IF YOU ARENT GOING TO LISTEN- IF YOU THINK THATS ME-"

"SABRE?!-"

"THEN/THEN LET/FINISH ME/THE SHOW/DAMNED YOU./JOB!!!! "

Both Sabre and shadows voice melded together as he yelled.
Time ran out of the containment, sobbing.
_____
This is before Sabre fully accepted the darkness perhaps..
Earlier on in this aus shadow arc