DAY EIGHTEEN: FLIGHT

Series: THE STEVE SAGA!!

This takes place earlier on, shortly after they got the rainbow wings!

[SABRES POV]

I took a deep breath as my boots collided with the wooden stairs leading up to the runway. It was quite windy and stormy today, but I didn't care. The need to fly was getting overwhelming. I hadn't been able to fly in so long... I just.. I needed to feel the wind around me.

I hovered my hand over the gray box of my inventory, before sliding it over to the one that held fireworks. I pushed my hand forwards a bit, and my inventory closed. In my hand, I now held a firework. I knew it would regenerate with as many fireworks I had. I grinned, gripping the firework in my hand, before running forwards. My ankle burned. I ignored it. I slowly picked up pace as I ran along the runway. I cheered loudly as I leapt off the runway, letting the thrill of falling fill my body before letting the rainbow feathered wings open up, feeling my fall slow, before rocketing upwards into the sky as the firework shot out of my hand and exploded behind me.

Lucas and rainbow had gone scouting for materials, and I was left alone because of a fall I took. It wasn't even that bad, I could run fine! A broken ankle is nothing, Lucas knew all too well about how fast players heal.

I cheered as the wind and rain slammed against my face as I soared high into the clouds. The hood of my onesie had long since been been pushed back, and now my brown hair clung to my face as wind pushed it back, but the rain caused it to stick. My blindfold was loosened, but that was alright.
As I started to dip down once more, I pointed myself upwards, feeling myself fall before I used a fire work once more and rocketed high into the sky.

I couldn't remember how long it had been since I was able to fly before we got these wings, but I was glad I could fly once more. It was nice. I think I was alone in a different server? Universe? Whatever. I didn't care now-

I was snapped out of my thoughts as I heard rainbow and Lucas yell my name. I looked down and dove, ignoring rainbows panicked yells. I then used a firework and flew right over to them, running out of momentum right infront of them.

" GUYS!! Hey! I was wondering when you'd be back! I've been going stir crazy fam! The sky people can confirm. "

I grinned as I pointed upwards towards the gray sky. Lucas sighed as rainbow grabbed my shoulders.

" SABREEEEEEEEEEEE YOURE STILL HURRTTT!! "

" WORRY NOT RRRRRRRRRRAIINBOW STEVEEE!! "
I rolled my R's in an attempt to get rainbow Steve to chill.

" AS I AM FINE- "
To show off, I did a quick run around, nearly tripping from the pain that shot from my ankle. My grin became just a tad bit forced.

Lucas sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, not the most amused.
" Even with how fast we heal, you can NOT have healed your ankle completely this fast. "

" GUH- ARE YOU- IM OFFENDED!! YES I COULD!! "
"No, you couldn't. "
"YUH HUH!"
"Nope."
"YUH!"
"No."
"YES I COULD!! RAINBOW BACK ME UP HERE!!"

" IM NOT TAKING SIDES!! AAAAA- "

_______

the Steve saga goobs
Except Sabre has a broken ankle and I haven't watched Steve saga in a hot minute