Chapter 32

Divine love transcends all, offering boundless peace and grace.....
🌼🌼🌼🌼.....

~Kim Taehyung

.....

Jungkook turned to leave, but Taehyung's fragile voice stopped him. "Kookie... I remember something.... something important about that night."

Jungkook stopped after hearing Taehyung. He turned around and gripped the bed, his knuckles turned white because of the tight grip, his eyes narrowing at the man who lay before him, seemingly smaller than ever. Taehyung's lips trembled, his voice soft and shaky, like a child trying to confess a misdeed.

"Kookie.... I remember something…. important from that night," Taehyung said, his voice faltering, the weight of his memories pressing down on him. His wide, innocent eyes flickered between guilt and fear, but Jungkook remained stiff, unmoved, his anger barely kept in check.

Taehyung swallowed hard, his fingers nervously fidgeting with the blanket. "It was the night… when I.... ummmm..... you were admitted in the hospital due to chest pain, ummmmm..... actually I...... argued with Yoongi hyung. I.... I.... was so angry, so lost, I… insulted your grandmother…. said horrible things, Kookie. I didn't mean them, but Yoongi hyung slapped me for it. I couldn't handle the anger after that."

Jungkook's breath hitched, his jaw tightening. His grandmother had been his everything. Taehyung continued, his voice breaking.

"I took it out on you. I... I beat you so badly. I was cruel, Kookie… I made your heart condition worse that night. I thought you were going to die because of me." His voice quivered with raw regret, and his hands shook. "I was terrified to lose you."

Jungkook's eyes darkened, his expression growing colder, though his heart pounded wildly with memories of that night. The pain, the helplessness.

"I felt like a monster," Taehyung continued. "I should have cared for you. I'm a doctor, Kookie… I should've noticed the symptoms of your heart tumor worsening. You were fainting, and I ignored it, all because of my stupid anger. I treated you like less than a human." His voice cracked, and he struggled to catch his breath, tears spilling freely down his face. "It was a sin, Kookie. You didn't deserve it. None of this was your fault. You didn't ask to be married to me.... You.... you didn't even knew that I was not ready for this marriage..... You did nothing wrong."         

Jungkook's lips curled into a sneer, the tension in the room unbearable. "Are you done?" he spat, his voice sharp and filled with irritation. "Now you want to act like you understand? After everything you put me through? You think you can just say 'I'm sorry' and I'll forgive you? Do you even realize what you did to me? You're mentally unstable now, Taehyung, and you expect me to pity you?"