Ch.87 [ Shadow of Universe ]

/////

A ship- Ships were flying towards a specific MPO station as a form of support.

Most of them were filled with Root as different people- but they all shared a single trait. A strange white orb flying next to them.

Meanwhile, on other ship only MPO workers were flying as they were meant to take care of aftermath- Meaning. Healing, building, and stopping riots if they do happen.

"Do you also feel something ominous approaching?" The long time no seen John Rowe asked Mona Berry. She looked at him and only fixed her thick long brown hair into a bun. "I do... My whole being yells at me to run." She responded with a shiver.

Mona is a young woman of about 25-or something years. She has a caramel toned skin, light brown eyes and long brown hair. Currently wearing an anti riot armor.

As for John Rowe, he is also of about 25-or something years. He has a ruddy skin, green eyes and wild blonde hair. Currently also clad in anti riot armor.

Both had a bracelet made out of strange silver which was marked with few black lines, as it was strangely glowing.

"Huh? I thought those were non magical?" She muttered as she noticed how they were glowing. "Yeah... do you remember when we got them?" She shook her head not remembering.

"They just appeared one day." She leisurely spoke and laid her head against John's shoulder.

As everyone was sat in their spots somewhat relaxed. They all perked up as the ship intercom turned on "Hey, get ready. We will get on station in 20 minutes. 10 minutes after Root secures it from the terrorist."

Everyone looked at the intercom and started readying themselves. 'It's glowing even more... is the source of those bracelets at the station?' The two pondered as they all heard a shout "Get ready you Maggots!"

They all turned to see a shaking and skinny old man. "Bet 20 bucks he's typical op grandpa." She joked to John as he nodded "I'll raise it to 40."

The two kept talking to each other, just like did many others.

////////

////////

At same time, in another place.

Fenrir was sat in her ship as she had just finished all the repairs and upgrades, sipping a cooled soda.

Next to her sat little Dem. Staring outside the window "Dad..." She heard mutter of the little spirit.

"Come on kid. Everything will be alright." She pat the little spirit who was in size of a human palm.

Dem nodded as the two heard the ship doors open, as a young woman in white lab cloth and shoulder length red hair walked in.

"Miss Fenrir." The young woman with a plaque on her chest saying Asta spoke out "Did something happen? I was about to yeet out of your hair." Fenrir responded and sniffed herself "Maybe after borrowing a shower."

Asta only gave the woman a smile "No, its okay. But we might need to hold you here for a day due to increased military traffic."

'Military?' "From who?" She inquired bit curious.

"MPO, they are sending lots- I mean lots of ships towards one station about... 3Ls away?" She said somewhat unsure as soon her puppy friend made appearance and started sniffing around curiously.

'That bitch is at something again?' She thought to herself as she took out a holo-tablet. "Do you... remember colour of ships? Or markings?"

As she asked the question, she als9 started browsing a bit of internet. "Yeah, I think they were mostly Black with Orange lines. No other marking.