Confronting In His Office

The air was thick with anticipation as Eva stood outside Sanji's office, the weight of her decision heavy on her shoulders. Zoro had insisted that confronting Sanji was the only way to take control of her situation, but standing outside the door, doubt crept in. What if he was in a bad mood? What if he lashed out again?

With a deep breath, she pushed the door open, her heart racing. The sight before her was both intimidating and mesmerizing. Sanji sat behind a large oak desk, the sharp lines of his silhouette softened by the afternoon sunlight pouring in through the window. He looked up from a stack of papers, his expression inscrutable.

"What do you want?" he asked, his voice low and cool, but a hint of something else lurked beneath.

"I need to talk to you," Eva replied, trying to keep her voice steady. The words felt foreign on her tongue, and her body tensed under his unwavering gaze.

"About?" He leaned back in his chair, eyes narrowing slightly, clearly unimpressed.

"About... about the debt." She forced herself to maintain eye contact, though she could feel her resolve wavering under the weight of his scrutiny. "I can't pay you what you want right now."

Sanji's expression hardened, and he leaned forward, resting his elbows on the desk. "And why should I care? You owe me. You think this is a game?"

"No," she said quickly, shaking her head. "I know I owe you. But you have to understand-I'm in a tough spot. I was fired from my last job."

Silence fell in the room, and Eva felt a flicker of hope that her honesty might soften him. "I lost my job at the company I was working for. They let me go without warning. I've been struggling ever since."

He remained silent for a moment, studying her with that cold, piercing gaze that sent chills down her spine. "So, you expect me to just forget about the debt?"

"No, I don't expect that," she replied, her voice steadier now. "But I need time to find another job. I'm trying to make ends meet, and right now, I can't pay you what I owe."

Sanji's lips curled into a smirk, but it didn't reach his eyes. "So, you think this is a sob story that will make me feel sorry for you?"

"No," Eva insisted, frustration rising. "I'm not asking for sympathy. I'm just trying to explain my situation."

"Zoro told me you were having trouble," Sanji said, leaning back in his chair. "But that doesn't change the fact that you owe me."

"Then what do you want from me?" Eva demanded, her fear giving way to determination. "I'm willing to work something out. I can't just walk away from this debt."

Sanji studied her for a long moment, his expression inscrutable. "You think you can just keep stalling? I'm not that kind of man. But I'm also not cruel enough to cut your salary or ignore your effort."

Eva's heart raced. "What are you suggesting?"

"I'm concluding that you can't pay me off in full right now, but you will have to work under me. You will repay your debt in small amounts-weekly or monthly. You can keep your job and earn money, but I expect you to fulfill your obligation," he stated firmly.

Eva blinked, processing what he was saying. It wasn't a complete victory, but it was better than she had feared. "Thank you," she said, her voice barely above a whisper.

"Don't thank me yet," he warned, his tone turning icy. "You'll still have to prove yourself. I don't tolerate laziness."

"Understood," she replied, forcing herself to stand tall in front of him. As much as she feared Sanji, she felt a surge of determination welling up inside her.

Just then, Zoro stepped into the room, his presence immediately shifting the atmosphere. "What's going on in here?" He eyed Sanji with a protective glare before turning to Eva, concern etched across his face.

"Just discussing terms," Sanji replied coolly, though the tension between them was palpable.

"Yeah? Well, I hope you're not bullying her," Zoro shot back, stepping closer to Eva.

"Not at all," Sanji said smoothly, the corner of his mouth twitching up in a smirk. "Just reminding her that she needs to step up."

Eva could see the worry in Zoro's eyes, and it only strengthened her resolve. "I'm fine, Zoro," she assured him, meeting his gaze with determination. "I can handle this."

Zoro's expression softened, and he nodded, though he still seemed on edge. "Just remember, if you need me, I'm right here."

Sanji watched the exchange with a hint of amusement, an unreadable expression on his face. As Eva stood between the two men, she felt a sense of power growing within her. For the first time, she was ready to face the challenges ahead.

---