Friendship

---
Eva leaned back against the wall, her curiosity piqued. “So, how did you guys end up making the decision to start this company?” she asked, glancing at Zoro. “You mentioned that you both started it on your own, but I never really heard much about your families or what led you to this path.”

Zoro took a moment to collect his thoughts, his expression turning serious. “Well, it’s not exactly a pretty story,” he began, folding his arms across his chest. “Sanji and I both come from different backgrounds, but we share a common drive to prove ourselves.”

“Yeah?” Eva encouraged, intrigued. “What do you mean?”

Zoro sighed, looking out at the training yard where Luffy and Usopp were joking around. “Sanji grew up in a family that had high expectations of him. They wanted him to follow in their footsteps, but he always had dreams of his own—dreams that didn’t quite align with what they wanted. He wanted to be a chef, not just a business figure, but they didn’t take that seriously.”

“That sounds tough,” Eva said softly, sensing the weight of Zoro’s words.

“Yeah, it was,” Zoro replied. “He had to break away from all that. He didn’t want to live under their shadow. That’s when he decided to start his own path. I think that’s why he can come off as cold—he had to build those walls to protect himself.”

“And you?” Eva asked, genuinely interested. “What about you?”

“I had my own struggles,” Zoro continued, his tone reflective. “I trained hard to become a swordsman, but my family… let’s just say they didn’t care much for my dreams either. I didn’t want to be just another face in the crowd; I wanted to make something of myself. Sanji and I met during a chance encounter, and we realized we had similar ambitions. So, we decided to team up and create something that represented us—something we could be proud of.”

“That’s really inspiring,” Eva said, her eyes sparkling with admiration. “You both took your challenges and turned them into something powerful.”

“Thanks,” Zoro replied, a hint of a smile breaking through his stoic demeanor. “It’s not easy, but we’ve managed to carve out our own place. It’s what keeps us going.”

Eva nodded, understanding the depth of their journey a little better. “I guess it makes sense now why you both are so dedicated to the company. It’s more than just a job; it’s personal.”

“Exactly,” Zoro said, his gaze drifting back to the training ground. “Every success feels like a victory for us, and every failure just drives us to work harder. We’re building a legacy, and we’re not going to let anyone tear it down.”

“Wow,” Eva breathed, feeling a newfound respect for both men. “I’m glad to be part of this team. It feels like we’re all working toward something meaningful.”

Zoro nodded, his expression softening. “And you’re a big part of that now, Eva. Don’t underestimate your role here.”

“Thanks, Zoro,” she said, smiling warmly. “That means a lot.”

As they continued their conversation, the bond between them deepened, forging a connection built on understanding, respect, and shared dreams.

After that long, laugh filled Night Eva returned to her room in the villa, a smile still plastered on her face. It had been a whirlwind of fun and camaraderie with Zoro, Luffy, Ussop, and especially Sanji. She relished every moment spent with them, from the playful banter to the delicious meals Sanji prepared.

-------