M'Lady

Madi's POV

"Are you sure that it works?" I ask holding up my dress for Lexi. It's a short, silver, glittery two part dress and I'm wearing silver glittery heels with it.

"It's gonna look so good, plus it's a little late to change."

"Yeah...."

"What should I do with my hair?"

"I feel like straight would look so good with your dress."  She's wearing a gold version of the same dress that I have.

"Okay, what are you doing?"

"I'm just gonna do some tight curls."

"Do you know when Tabs is getting here?" I ask, starting on my hair.

"Yeah, after her date with Jake." She looks at me and smiles, finally dealing me in on some kind of secret they were keeping.

"What?! Since when are they going out?"

"They started talking at a party but this is their first official date."

"Finally, they'd be so cute together. Are they going to the dance together?"

"I think they're probably going to hang out once they get there, but she's gonna catch a ride with us."

"And you? Are you going with anyone?" I smile at her knowingly.

"Possibly." She starts to focus a little too much on straightening a certain piece of her hair.

"And who would that be?"

"Daniel...."

"Thank the Lord, I would be so mad if you didn't."

"He asked me last week."

"And you didn't tell me?" I look at her, shocked.

"It just never came up." She shrugs as if it's no big deal.

"You suck."

"I know." Finally, I hear my front door open and I assume Tabs is here. My suspicions are confirmed when she walks into my room.

"Hey."

"Oh my gosh, took you long enough."

"Sorry, I was running errands."

"With Jake?"

She blushes and looks at Lexi, "You told her?"

"Of course I did, no way was I gonna let you off the hook."

"You are a very cruel woman, Lexi Wilson."

"I try."

Once we finish doing our hair, Tabs sits us down to do our makeup for us. I'm doing a simple look with silver eyeshadow. Lexi is getting a natural look and Tabs is doing the same. She gets done around seven thirty and we all get changed into our dresses. Tabs decided to go with a blue flapper dress. Not disco, but it's an amazing dress. Blake said he would pick us up at eight and we're just gonna go straight to the dance. We kill time with a little pregame that Lexi brought until Blake shows up. 

We walk out to greet him to find the truck packed. Mason's in the driver's seat and Corinne's next to him in the passenger seat. Sean is in the backseat with Kate on his lap. Ava is sitting on the other side, and I'm assuming Blake had been sitting in between them compared to how he's now leaning against the front. Jake looks like he was stuck in the bed of the truck which he's now hopping out of.

Tabs walks over to him, "M'lady." I overhear him say as he helps her into the back.

I walk up to Blake, "You ready?" He asks.